Mardi Gras Dallas

Dallasboi

You have to start somewhere. Perhaps the unexpected turnout at the last two Victory events will make them a bit more ambitious next year.

Jason

Well, since it is just one day, a lot of people showed up for that one day. Let's see how it goes if it was a week long.

I went to this event also....and I do have to admitt....It was awsome!....People drinking in and dancing in the streets....35'000 people showed up to victory...Wow......no game to blame the crowd on this time!!! :Dhttp://www.wfaa.com/video/index.html?nvid=214301&shu=1

Why do you constantly feel the urge to tell those in Houston about how great Dallas is? Also, If you want to be taken somewhat seriously here, you might consider the attitude of your posts. This post was a turnoff as soon as I read your introduction. I wouldn't mind hearing stories of big-D's attempt at Mardi Gras if the poster was a little friendlier, and not so in your face. Of course by reading your signature I don't know why I'm suprised.

Here's an idea fer ya. Log in under a different name, and post the Dallas stuff in a little more of a journalistic fashion. You understand the difference between Editorialism and journalism right? Anyway you might be suprised that your posts wouldn't be looked down on so much.

By the way, this has nothing to do with your beloved Dallas.

It seems lame to me. A short parade, then standing around waiting for the news to start? At least 35,000 people!?

If this were the Denton celebration, it might be newsworthy. But even the 10 o'clock news had to cut to footage of New Year's Eve to make their strange point of what this event was "like".

Were there bands (besides marching)? Was there a lot of bar hopping between the three $20 martini lounges there? Did the parade have floats, or just marching bands? Were there any balls to attend? Or was it just a few thousand people showing up to shriek on a 2-minute local news segment?

Is this what passes for "awesome" in Dallas?

As crappy as the Galveston thing is, at least it has some of the flavor of the real thing.

Why do you constantly feel the urge to tell those in Houston about how great Dallas is? Also, If you want to be taken somewhat seriously here, you might consider the attitude of your posts. This post was a turnoff as soon as I read your introduction. I wouldn't mind hearing stories of big-D's attempt at Mardi Gras if the poster was a little friendlier, and not so in your face. Of course by reading your signature I don't know why I'm suprised.

Here's an idea fer ya. Log in under a different name, and post the Dallas stuff in a little more of a journalistic fashion. You understand the difference between Editorialism and journalism right? Anyway you might be suprised that your posts wouldn't be looked down on so much.

By the way, this has nothing to do with your beloved Dallas.

Im sorry if I offended you in any way.....But I really don't understand how my post was unfriendly.........And.........when I post stuff like this...its really just to keep you guys in houston informed on victory's status at becoming a non stop destination...true enuff there are alot of nay-sayers down in Houston,and I've always went by the sayin..."Seeing is Believing".....so I thought this would be interesting to display........and again...my intent is never to offend anyone :mellow: Im just so glad victory is creating its own buzz with creative Ideas.I think thats the concept ...to think of as many ways possible to draw people downtown. ;)

It seems lame to me. A short parade, then standing around waiting for the news to start? At least 35,000 people!?

If this were the Denton celebration, it might be newsworthy. But even the 10 o'clock news had to cut to footage of New Year's Eve to make their strange point of what this event was "like".

Were there bands (besides marching)? Was there a lot of bar hopping between the three $20 martini lounges there? Did the parade have floats, or just marching bands? Were there any balls to attend? Or was it just a few thousand people showing up to shriek on a 2-minute local news segment?

Is this what passes for "awesome" in Dallas?

As crappy as the Galveston thing is, at least it has some of the flavor of the real thing.

Gosh.......I think the video said they were expecting 5000 people to show up....so it wasnt planned on that big of a scale......with that being said.....It WAS awsome because it shows that Dallasites have began to open their eyes and minds to something different.and new...This is just the beggining.......Victory is really taking off...........PERIOD! ;)

As in: "Keep drivin' through cuz you ain't missin' much.."?

Ok.......What rule am I breaking?.......what am I doin wrong....All I do is post the link...and whatever i write with the link,I make sure its not flame bait......so what is it!......Pleeease tell me....somebody!!!!! :angry2:

perhaps this should be combined with the Victory thread.

It was a fun event in a city that until recently lacked many large scale festivals (especially downtown). Victory Park has given event planners a stage to try out new events throughout the year. For mardis gras they only expected 5,000 people and 35,000 showed up, so it's not bad for the first year. It's hard to compare it to more establised festivals and could use a lot of improvement for next year, but I had a good time. After the parade my group went to a nice bar for $3 hurricanes and a burlesque show.

http://www.dallasnews.com/video/dallasnews...14310&shu=1

Not to get controversial but i visit dallasmetropolis alot and some people on there hate it someone posts information about Houston. They automatically take it as a Houstonian trying to proove to them how great Houston is over Dallas. Maybe Dallasboi was just happy to see Victory starting to get more recognition and its easy to come off as :in your face" when you're excited about your city.

Not to get controversial but i visit dallasmetropolis alot and some people on there hate it someone posts information about Houston. They automatically take it as a Houstonian trying to proove to them how great Houston is over Dallas. Maybe Dallasboi was just happy to see Victory starting to get more recognition and its easy to come off as :in your face" when you're excited about your city.

If someone from Dallas butts in a Houston thread and starts bragging, then that is 'in your face'. But this is a Dallas forum, so discussing Dallas topics seems natural to me.

As for the event, Mardi Gras is not my scene, but it looks like people had a good time; sorry if some are bothered by that, but that is their problem.

Im sorry if I offended you in any way.....But I really don't understand how my post was unfriendly.........And.........when I post stuff like this...its really just to keep you guys in houston informed on victory's status at becoming a non stop destination...true enuff there are alot of nay-sayers down in Houston,and I've always went by the sayin..."Seeing is Believing".....so I thought this would be interesting to display........and again...my intent is never to offend anyone :mellow: Im just so glad victory is creating its own buzz with creative Ideas.I think thats the concept ...to think of as many ways possible to draw people downtown. ;)

Do you read your own posts? Let me help with this qoute: ......"no game to blame the crowd on this time!!!". That was a shot and you know it.

Not to get controversial but i visit dallasmetropolis alot and some people on there hate it someone posts information about Houston. They automatically take it as a Houstonian trying to proove to them how great Houston is over Dallas.

Why do they "hate it" if someone is providing information, and why do they "automatically take it as a Houstononian trying to prove to them how great Houston is over Dallas"? I can certainly understand someone at DM getting upset if a Houston poster was providing info with an in your face attitude, but you seem to allude that they simply hate it because it's about Houston. That seems a little anal to me.

If someone from Dallas butts in a Houston thread and starts bragging, then that is 'in your face'. But this is a Dallas forum, so discussing Dallas topics seems natural to me.

No, this is a DFW SUBFORUM on a Houston based forum. Just keep it in perspective. And remember to be respectful when you visit someone's house. If not then you will get your ass handed to you. This thread has 'flame war' written all over it and should be closed immidiately.

If it wasn't for you guys up there always feeling the need to glamorize the lamest and most ordinary buildings, things and events going on in DFW (things that could not possibly impress anyone that lives in a city with over 50,000 people in it or anyone over 21 years old) so that you can get Houstonians approval about whether it is good or bad, then I personally would never hear about anything going on in DFW. I mean this silly victory event didn't exactly make the national headlines, did it. Neither did the victory plaza New Year's Eve, BTW.

We have our own local faux mardi gras event which is more established and looks like a lot more fun. It runs over several days and attracts about 250,000 visitors. Why would anyone in Houston care about dallas mardi gras. N.O. mardi gras, yes, Galveston, O.K., but dallas? Give me a break.

So people in dallas can now congrigate and walk around in circles under a bunch of tacky jumbotrons near downtown and look stupid. How is this relevant to Houston? It isn't.

Now go away.

Do you read your own posts? Let me help with this qoute: ......"no game to blame the crowd on this time!!!". That was a shot and you know it.

Why do they "hate it" if someone is providing information, and why do they "automatically take it as a Houstononian trying to prove to them how great Houston is over Dallas"? I can certainly understand someone at DM getting upset if a Houston poster was providing info with an in your face attitude, but you seem to allude that they simply hate it because it's about Houston. That seems a little anal to me.

I never said i understood it. Just go to dallasmetropolis.com and go to the sub forums. A poster by the name of GuerillaBlack is posting projects and a few dallas forumers on there have attacked him. I always try to put the dallasites in their place when they start the ranting and raving. My user name is ComingtoHouston. You'll see what i'm talking about

Seems to me that Mardi Gras would work FAR better on Greenville Ave. Victory is a bit too sterile for a Mardi Gras (for my tastes, anyway). But, if Dallasites enjoyed it, more power to them. It's not like any Houstonians would go to a Mardi Gras in a largely Protestant city, when we have a 250,000 spectator one 50 miles away, and the granddaddy right down I-10. So, let 'em enjoy their Mardi Gras. Let 'em even brag about it. Doesn't hurt us any.

I never said i understood it. Just go to dallasmetropolis.com and go to the sub forums. A poster by the name of GuerillaBlack is posting projects and a few dallas forumers on there have attacked him. I always try to put the dallasites in their place when they start the ranting and raving. My user name is ComingtoHouston. You'll see what i'm talking about

Why would you congregate on a forum that is so juvenile? Personally I've been on a few times and for the most part it was pretty civil.

Mister X, I agree with Coog... That was pretty funny.

So people in dallas can now congrigate and walk around in circles under a bunch of tacky jumbotrons near downtown and look stupid.
Anyone looking to film a low-budget zombie movie, will now know where to set up to get free shots of token "town-full of zombies" scenes!

Uhhh... :unsure: correct me if Im wrong,but I think the shot came from you guys when when that was said about New Years Eve.....Im just stating the obvious so we wont have to go down that road again B)

No, this is a DFW SUBFORUM on a Houston based forum. Just keep it in perspective. And remember to be respectful when you visit someone's house. If not then you will get your ass handed to you. This thread has 'flame war' written all over it and should be closed immidiately.

If it wasn't for you guys up there always feeling the need to glamorize the lamest and most ordinary buildings, things and events going on in DFW (things that could not possibly impress anyone that lives in a city with over 50,000 people in it or anyone over 21 years old) so that you can get Houstonians approval about whether it is good or bad, then I personally would never hear about anything going on in DFW. I mean this silly victory event didn't exactly make the national headlines, did it. Neither did the victory plaza New Year's Eve, BTW.

We have our own local faux mardi gras event which is more established and looks like a lot more fun. It runs over several days and attracts about 250,000 visitors. Why would anyone in Houston care about dallas mardi gras. N.O. mardi gras, yes, Galveston, O.K., but dallas? Give me a break.

So people in dallas can now congrigate and walk around in circles under a bunch of tacky jumbotrons near downtown and look stupid. How is this relevant to Houston? It isn't.

Now go away.

Hey Mister X! :huh: .....Im just curious about something.....If we are not allowed to talk about progress and updates about Dallas inthe "DFW SUBFORUM" :blink: ....then just what ARE we supposed to be discussing ?....And just what are all the other topics in the "DFW SUBFORUM" all about? :unsure: .........(drumroll).....................DALLAS! :wacko:

Archived