How Does One Get No Parking Signs Put Up On Their Street

Many of the streets on the east side of Midtown are only wide enough to have parking on one side. I have noticed in the past few months, that no parking signs have been put up on one side to enforce this.

There are a few streets that dont have any no parking signs, but IMO should because of the street only being wide enough for parking on one side.

In particular, this is becoming a problem on my street now that the Ellie Lofts are being lived in. Anita street between hamilton and chenevert can only support parking on one side.

How would you recommend I proceed in getting the city to look at this? I already submitted a 311 ticket for this. Anything else I can do to speed up the process?

How would you recommend I proceed in getting the city to look at this? I already submitted a 311 ticket for this. Anything else I can do to speed up the process?

i think you're on your way unless you've got the inside track with your councilmember. If you can convince them there is a valid safety issue, they'll do the study to determine whether there is proper justification.

if you have vehicles parked on both sides and a fire truck can't make it through, i'll bet you get the signs erected.

That is exactly what I put in the 311 ticket. Ambulances and firetrucks dont have a chance at getting down the street if cars are parked on both sides.

Thanks.

You can also contact the Midtown Management District for assistance at 713-526-7577.

• The title was changed to How Does One Get No Parking Signs Put Up On Their Street

Archived