FM 2920 Is Ready For Development According To H-GAC

pineda

F.M. 2920 Mobility Study group

MEDIA ALERT

What: Public Meeting

Why: To inform the public on the purpose, process and

progress of the FM 2920 Access Management

Study and provide the public an opportunity to

discuss issues, concerns, and suggestions.

When: Wednesday, November 14, 2007

6-8 P.M.,

Elmer L. Beckendorf Conference Center

Tomball College

30555 Tomball Parkway

Tomball, Texas 77375

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Krimmel Intermediate School

7070 FM 2920

Spring, Texas 77389

* The same material will be presented at both meetings in an Open House format.

The Houston-Galveston Area Council has formed a eight member team comprised of the Texas Department of Transportation, Harris County, City of Tomball, City of Waller, North Houston Association, Houston Northwest Chamber, and the Greater Tomball Area Chamber of Commerce to complete a corridor study of FM 2920 from US 290 to IH 45. The purpose of the study is to identify transportation measures that will improve public safety and traffic flow, reduce motorist delay, enhance air quality, and improve pedestrian and bicycle access. This study will collect sufficient information to measure and evaluate a range of viable short-term and long-term improvement concepts. Concepts will be reviewed for cost effectiveness. From these concepts a list of improvement projects will be developed along with an implementation schedule.

For More Information Contact:

Richard A. Zientek at 281-931-2722 or razientek@hntb.com

www.fm2920mobility.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

For more information, contact:

Richard A. Zientek, Senior Public Involvement Representative

HNTB Engineers Architects Planners

Phone: 281-931-2722

E-mail: razientek@hntb.com

AGENCIES STUDY FM 2920; HOST PUBLIC MEETINGS

Houston, Texas, October 1, 2007- An eight member team comprised of the Houston-Galveston Area Council, Texas Department of Transportation, Harris County, City of Tomball, City of Waller, North Houston Association, Houston Northwest Chamber, and the Greater Tomball Area Chamber of Commerce have joined forces to conduct an Access Management Study of FM 2920 from US 290 to IH 45.

The purpose of the study is to identify transportation measures that will improve public safety and traffic flow, reduce motorist delay, enhance air quality, and improve pedestrian and bicycle access. This study will collect sufficient information to measure and evaluate a range of viable short-term and long-term improvement concepts. Concepts will be reviewed for cost effectiveness. From these concepts a list of improvement projects will be developed along with an implementation schedule.

The team is hosting two public meetings, early in the study process, to gather input from constituencies that would be affected by any recommendations.

I liked what I read. It wouldn't hurt for this road to have a third lane already. With the way housing developments are there, it's better to go ahead and be ready. And it's already needed closer to 45.

And the county/Txdot needs to do a much better job of dealing w/ developers and their entrances/exits at shopping centers. Houston does a poor job of that in general.

I'm glad there's a plan though.

What exactly will happen to FM 2920? There are changes going on right now. I think they are repaving or taring the road from Kuykendahl down to Falvel.

Probably just repaving it like they normally do. Not for sure though, but that's my guess. They always do that.

Over the last 5 years, the "footprint" of Segment f-2 of the Grand Parkway has been both north of, south of and directly overlaid on F.M. 2920.

And, if the Grand Parkway, Segment f-2, has been proven in the eyes of Texas (Dept. of Transportation) to meet its' so-called "purpose and need" of alleviating the "heavy and dangerous" traffic along F.M. 2920, then why would we need yet another project for F.M. 2920?

Still think all this isn't developer-driven? :wacko: Even in the minutes of the meeting, it is written that "this area is ripe for development"....

I don't think the F-2 is dead, unfortunatly

What I seem to recall is that the idea of expanding 2920 or incorporating the GP with 2920 was asked as an alternative to the F-2 segment. And the GP association in all their infinite wisdom decided that the need for both was apparant.

I still think the F-2 segement is alive and kicking just out of the public eye. We will wake up one morning with construction equipment behind our homes one morning without warning.

I don't think the F-2 is dead, unfortunatly

What I seem to recall is that the idea of expanding 2920 or incorporating the GP with 2920 was asked as an alternative to the F-2 segment. And the GP association in all their infinite wisdom decided that the need for both was apparant.

I still think the F-2 segement is alive and kicking just out of the public eye. We will wake up one morning with construction equipment behind our homes one morning without warning.

I agree that dropping F2 would be too good to be true. I often wonder how much of the Grand Parkway project currently has gone under the public radar. Also I do wonder with all the recent news of TX Dot being underfunded, if the Grand Parkway will remain on the current schedule for construction. If all segments of Grand Parkway are still being constructed as scheduled, where is the funding coming from?

Much of Grand Parkway project is a controversial - not just segment f-2. Can TXDot give priority to this project over other projects that are much needed and wanted by taxpayers in the area? Projects such as widening SH 249 to Tomball , widening Stuebener Airline from Spring Cypress, adding lanes to Kuykendal from fm 2920 northward are a few projects in my area that should be addressed before building the costly Grand Parkway.

• The title was changed to FM 2920 Is Ready For Development According To H-GAC

Archived