Home At 5718 Warm Springs Rd.

with the humidity in the air, i can just imagine how difficult it would be to make that house comfortable a/c wise. i have my air at 83 when i'm not home and it is still easily pulling 5 gallons of water out of the air/day.

That is definitely interesting. It would be a great project house, but I'd honestly have no clue where to start with it. I'm not even sure I'd leave the pool, though it would be awesome.

It would need some mild modernization (kitchen/baths/more light/opening up windows).

with the humidity in the air, i can just imagine how difficult it would be to make that house comfortable a/c wise. i have my air at 83 when i'm not home and it is still easily pulling 5 gallons of water out of the air/day.

83? Why would you ever want to do that? The energy costs involved in cooling the house everyday from that temperature would be insane. It would be far more economical to keep the house at the 73-75 range and then cool it a few degrees to living temperature (unless you're one of those weird people who lives at 78 degrees lol).

83? Why would you ever want to do that? The energy costs involved in cooling the house everyday from that temperature would be insane. It would be far more economical to keep the house at the 73-75 range and then cool it a few degrees to living temperature (unless you're one of those weird people who lives at 78 degrees lol).

are you related to al gore by chance? even though it was built in 38, my upgrades make it cool down pretty quickly.

my parents got some high efficiency windows installed today. i haven't seen them yet but spoke with my mom who said she had to make sure the old windows were clean before the guy installed the new ones. LOL

It isn't a matter of time I'm speaking of but rather expended energy.

I know I personally would die if I walked in to my house and it was above 75 at the most. I'd melt. Then again, I prefer it around 68-70.

This is the most unusual and memorable house in Westbury, in terms of its facade. As a kid (I lived on arboles, 2 blocks away) we used to call this house the Alamo, because of its frontal facade being a wall of masonary. There is nothing else like it and I always wondered why it was so different.

• 4 weeks later...

This one is going to be open again this Sunday (the 22nd) from 2 to 4. There are better pictures on HAR than what was originally on there. If you like mod houses and haven't been in this one, it is definitely one of the more interesting ones.

Wow, I'd overlooked this thread the first go-round, but that is one awesome home. Great lines, cool pool.

It says that a previous owner had covered it with a subfloor and used it as a "sunken living area". That had to have been interesting.

By the way, folks, I'm thinking that the best way to handle the pool area would probably be zoned AC coupled with a good dehumidifier.

• The title was changed to Westbury MCM For Sale- 1959 Parade Model
  • The title was changed to Home At 5718 Warm Springs Rd.

Archived