Master List Of New Projects Going Up In Houston

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I just wanted to bump this thread again for the people who may not have seen my previous message last night, outside of work hours.

I've added some basic information to a little more than a handful or projects since that message.

Also, at the bottom of the main wiki page, I've added links for Developers, contractors and architects for those who are interested.

There's a lot of things going up in Houston these days. To make it easier to keep up, I've created a handy dandy list of proposed projects and projects under construction in Houston.

I will endeavor to keep this list as complete as possible based on what I see on HAIF. But I also appreciate your input. The list is a wiki, which means that ANYONE (yes, this means you) can make additions and corrections to it all by yourself.

Together, we can put together a definitive list of Houston projects that will help us all.

List Of New Projects Proposed And Under Construction In Houston

Re: Main Place @ 811 Main Str. Wouldn't it be a welcomed relief it some one @ PR firm for Heines would proof read all content of press release PRIOR to release. Here is there take on location of new 46 flr Bldg.

MainPlace will be situated on Main Street on the block bordered by Fannin, Rusk and Walker streets, across from the 1929 Gulf Building (now the JPMorgan Chase building). http://hines.com/press/releases/8-22-07.aspx

800 block of Main is one block south of Gulf Bldg. not across the str. It will actually be across from old San Jacinto Hotel. The '43-44 address of 811 Main was a merchant named Bond Clothes.

Just my 2 cents worth {mo/less}

I think this is supposed to be some kind of parking garage.

Guess I'll find out this eveing for sure as I am headed to the Doubletree again.

On a separate note:

Westchase District (far west side) is seeing numerous new projects in the works. Is there a seperate section that focuses on this spot? I work here so it is hard to keep up with the numerous high rises and whatever's being built. Recession? You wouldn't think so by driving around here. :D

• 6 months later...

Coming Attractions in Westchase District!

Former Tinseltown Site to Offer Green Spaces & Meeting Places!

I could have attached this to the current Tinseltown demo topic but its more of a celebration event.

Check out:

http://www.simmonsvedder.com/images/websit...wp_overview.pdf

http://www.simmonsvedder.com/

To see the much awaited development by Simmons Vedder Partners. Westchase Park includes 2 Class "A" office buildings totaling 540,000 square feet.

Will also feature a Hyatt Place Hotel as well as new retail offerings. "It's delightful" :D

I wonder what the object in the middle of the pond next to the main building is? Is it like a band shell or just a large fountain-like amenity?

Now that you mention it, does seems a bit peculiar. Looks like the flying saucer alien lens from the original War of The Worlds flick.

shoot.jpg

• 1 month later...
Could we just send you the links? I tried editing it, but I don't know html well, so I couldn't.

Uh I haven't lived in Houston since 1981, but aren't there ENOUGH empty office building available there already? Common, ya got people commuting in from Conroe , Other side of Bay town and I guess from Brownsville too so why not just bus the people in from Batton Rouge every day gang ? Ed Shaver, scrubba

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't it make more sense to allow for anonymous editing? I mean, we're already registered here at HAIF. Not even Wikipedia makes their users register, and there's a lot more traffic there. Basically, the list wouldn't be so out of date if it could be easily edited.

• 8 months later...

Could any of the savvy users here update this list?? Or if the editing process is so bureaucratic, can someone create a similar/updated list?? I just don't know much about those wiki lists, so wouldn't know where to begin.

• 5 months later...

Wouldn't it make more sense to allow for anonymous editing? I mean, we're already registered here at HAIF. Not even Wikipedia makes their users register, and there's a lot more traffic there. Basically, the list wouldn't be so out of date if it could be easily edited.

That would be ideal. However, the wiki is different software than HAIF. The two password systems don't talk to each other. The makers of the HAIF software have been promising a wiki function for years, but have failed to deliver.

The other reason is that I don't have the time to patrol the wiki portion very often, so that leaves it open to abuse. Requiring registration makes that a little harder.

But I've made the registration process on the wiki portion as simple and painless as I could to encourage everyone to use it.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Since Houston is apparently booming right now with proposed, under construction, and renovation projects, it would seem we need a new list to keep track of everything!

Since Houston is apparently booming right now with proposed, under construction, and renovation projects, it would seem we need a new list to keep track of everything!

It's not totally exhaustive but in my signature I have a link to a google map of projects I'm keeping track of. If anyone is willing, I might consider some help keeping it up.

The wiki editor has is nice too, but it can be a little more time constraining if you're not used to HTML.

It's not totally exhaustive but in my signature I have a link to a google map of projects I'm keeping track of. If anyone is willing, I might consider some help keeping it up.

The wiki editor has is nice too, but it can be a little more time constraining if you're not used to HTML.

haha Yea, I've had your website bookmarked for a while now. I even like the map to visualize where everything is cause it's hard to keep track of all the development sometimes. Just figured it would be nice to have a completely refreshed list of all the projects proposed, under construction, etc. Realize it would be time consuming but maybe if a few people chimed in (I'd be willing to) it wouldn't take that long. 

• 2 months later...
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived