Cutco - The World's Finest Cutlery

JustinM

I am selling Cutco knives to anybody interested (Aged 25 or older). I accept any appointments to present Cutco products in your kitchen for like an hour. If interested, you can buy a set, one knife, an accessory, whatever. But, you are not obligated to purchase anything at all and you don't have to worry about me pressuring you, as I get paid anyway to be there. However, if you see anything that interests you, you can order, which would greatly help me out. I am in my training stages/appointments right now and need as many as I can get.

If anybody would like to schedule an appointment with me, at anytime, please send me an immediate email with your contact info. I will be in touch shortly. It would be worthwhile to see what its about and I would appreciate the support.

I am looking to earn some extra incoming selling these knives to pay for upcoming college expenses for this Fall, purchase a new vehicle, and provide for my family.

I am 18 years old and need some referrals and new appointments in order to earn a steady income. Please help me out, as I previously mentioned, I really need the extra money.

My email is justin.mczeal@gmail.com

Just to add on, Houston, Sugar Land, Stafford, and Missouri City areas only please. I will only travel further than these areas if you are willing to purchase. Gas is high and I can't go that far.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

The kid is tenacious, seems like a go-getter. Don't be toooooooooo aggressive Justin, just know your product, and you will sell. Justin, you should take that energy of yours and look into selling cars for Toyota or Chevy, it may be your cup of tea.

It's sad to see people have attitudes over forums. I was just refreshing the topic, thats all.

thank you tjones for your comment. i have applied to many dealerships and no one seems to want to give me a chance.

It's sad to see people have attitudes over forums. I was just refreshing the topic, thats all.

thank you tjones for your comment. i have applied to many dealerships and no one seems to want to give me a chance.

Well, you know that your Cutco knives were purchased from an MLM. Back in the day, the Cutco knives were sold through a company named Vector Inc which advertised on college campuses to lure college kids into buying these cutlery. I know, i was one of them kids. This MLM would have some seminar in a hotel and get college kids to buy the knives and ask them to sell to relatives or any other fool out there. I guess they're still at it these days. Are they still selling them for $100? My advice to you is go to college or do a work-study.

The kid is tenacious, seems like a go-getter. Don't be toooooooooo aggressive Justin, just know your product, and you will sell. Justin, you should take that energy of yours and look into selling cars for Toyota or Chevy, it may be your cup of tea.

Yep. I had a Cutco gelato scoop. I sold it in a yard sale for a dollar. My oldest sister had a Cutco butchers's knife. She gave it to her youngest daughter. She gave it away as an incentive to get a sucker to buy a broken rocking chair. So much for Cutco.

If you are a serious cook, buy a Henckels and/or a Wusthof . Nothing slices a salmon fillet like a razor blade or smashes a jalepeno or clove of garlic than a really good knife. I still have one of my grandma's. Buy the best upfront and enjoy the quality for the rest of your life.

the only reason why i still work for them is because I stand behind Cutco 100%. There is nothing else like it, except maybe for the Sonic Blade. I have used a Henckles knife that was traded in at our office. It really doesn't compare to Cutco.

I am definitely going to college, UH Main Campus to be exact. I just like the business/sales experience I am gaining from it. As far as the money, I wish I had the connections to get big orders. In reality, you have to know or be referred to middle or high class income families in order to sell these knives efficiently. I forget all the stuff they say at all the meetings because they don't tell you what happens in real life.

And as far as the summer conferences go, I will NEVER waste my money again on that event or any other. A boring waste of time, even if I were to win an award.

Justin, I sold Regal Pots and Pans for about a day. Realized that was NOT for me. You may want to try being a waiter, I was in the restaurant biz for about 10 years until I got burned out, Managing a bunch of drunks, druggies, and drama queens just caught up with me. It was easy money, and cash in hand at the end of the day as a waiter. I finally answered my calling though, and have been managing Cars and the Internet for the last 8.5 years.

Networking is the best thing to do these days. These younger people have so much more info at thier tips than us... hmmm more seasoned people ever did.

He needs to hit The Worksource every day until they know you on a 1st name basis, get on Monster.com and have at least 3 different tailored resumes going out to hiring folks, march into as many Temp services as possible and bug the heck out of them so they will know you and find you something in the interum. Selling products like that is just too slow and menial. A person needs to basically get down and get funky and BANG on doors. No time to be shy or nice. >:)

When the going get's tough, the tough get....

I have a friend that was working for cutco recently and attends U of H Main Campus, he was enjoying it for a while but then the appointments and referrals started to dwindle. Now about a month later he's selling cars at Samuel Allen Dodge in Katy, making great money.

sweet :-)!

I decided I will be going to UH next year as I want to save the money first before I go. I just don't have any scholarships or the credit to get approved for loans at the moment. I just got a credit card and a money market account some weeks ago to build up my credit from scratch.

I got a drug test Wednesday for Lone Star Ford doing Internet Sales. I wanted to do both Lone Star Ford and Cutco at the same time but Cutco is starting to get too annoying. My manager is calling me at freakin 9am in the morning and around 10pm almost every single day. I am an independent contractor and do not wish to be nagged or told to do phone time or get appointments each and every day. Whatever updates I have or appointments I set, I will let you know. You can only do phone time if you have someone to call in the first place!

I love selling the knives (that I personally love), but working for Vector Marketing is hell!

march into as many Temp services as possible and bug the heck out of them so they will know you and find you something in the interum.

I second this recommendation. Whenever I've been between jobs, I've always had great luck with Kelly Services. They've hooked me up with some great jobs. And the best part is that if you don't like it, you can walk away and they'll put you somewhere else.

But you DO have to be a little persistant with them. Call them every other day to let them know you're available. I've only had to do this once or twice and they always realize I'm serious and find me a gig immediately after.

For someone who's college-age (that was when I started with Kelley) it's a great way to try out different jobs and see what you like to do. I've worked as a church secretary, a technician assembling heart monitors for hospitals, a repair tech on Kenwood stereos, data entry for a trucking company, and the best job was at Ashland Chemical where I learned a TON of stuff about hazardous materials handling and transportation.

Temp work is great. When I lose my current job, I'll go straight back to Kelly.

If you're sold on participating in an MLM, pick one that doesn't force you to sell stuff people don't need. Problem with programs like Cutco and pretty much every other product based service is you have to sell and keep selling.

The best ones are the ones that are based on a basic need, is an easy sell (saving them money), and you've only got to sell them once. Mutually beneficial relationships are the best sell.

Don't listen to people who say ALL MLMs are scams or evil. They aren't. Just most are EXTREMELY difficult to make any money in if you aren't willing to do more than full time.

Temp work is great. When I lose my current job, I'll go straight back to Kelly.

Exactly!

They were one of the best for me too.

However, the young person that is job searching (started this topic) should start by thanking everyone on this thread that has offered assistance in helping him/her get back on their feet. Common courtesies go a long way in the business world. Without appreciation one can just shoot themselves in the foot and go back to door to door sales. So far this person hasn't not shown any sort of thanks. In the corporate world manners or as I stated mere common gratitude opens many a door. We have turned down many applicants for the fact they did not come across as professional and most corporations prefer candidates that will represent the company in a positive manner. Just being truthful. Peace! :)

I actually thanked the people who helped me out in http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...showtopic=11747

I totally forgot which one I did thank people and it did cross my mind. But, on the record, I would love to thank everyone who personally took the time to help me out on my career. It's like you guys were my lucky charm while I was struggling to find a decent job. Thank you guys for all you do and for being there for me! :-)

Archived