Har.com

KatieDidIt

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just trie to access the site at 1:11 pm Pacific Time and got the following message

harlogo.gifSite is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Still down. Front page pulls up and then kaput. Search engine/MLS is not working.

Still down. Front page pulls up and then kaput. Search engine/MLS is not working.

Nevermind, My bad, I never went beyond the main splash page. It is down.

That has to be hurting all those realtors today, but I am sure office productivity is up since people can't house shop on the clock.

Seems like I've seen this thread before. Does that site go down often? Yeah, when you click to move over to the search functions it is giving an error.

See: http://har.com/indexc.htm

The site goes down a pretty good bit, and does some strange things sometimes when it is running.

On the whole, I don't think its built just terribly well...I accidentally put a ; instead of an l in one of the search fields one day, and it blew up and showed me the whole SELECT statement that executes on the database. That's bad design.

It's still down, I can't handle this much longer! Geez I hope they didn't see that remark I made about not needing real estate agents when we have the listings online. lol

They might have banned your IP address ... just kidding.

Oh good grief its still down. I am going though major withdrawl here. I am wondering if MLS is down also because I haven't heard anything from our agent either about new houses on the market. However, nothing seems to be coming on the market AT ALL this summer in our search area that isn't cornering a major road or right near Gessner. :huh:

Received at 11:34pm Thursday May 3:

The operators of HAR.com are working around-the-clock to reinstate the real estate Web site.

While this is being done, we are making sure that REALTORS can still post and access listings through the MLS, and our technical support is also trying to make sure that the public has the ability to search for homes and properties within the next 48 hours.

Late Wednesday night, a virus threat was identified to the servers that operate the HAR.com Web site. In a precautionary move, the Houston Association of Realtors locked down those servers, which took the public HAR.com off-line, as well as thousands of member and company Web sites hosted by those servers. At no time was there any risk to anyone who accessed the Web site.

We cannot anticipate at this point how long it will take to repair the system, but we will post regular updates on the HAR.com homepage, as appropriate.

HAR.com is one of the largest sites originating from the Houston area, with more than one billion hits in each of the last two months from more than 900,000 unique visitors each month.

*Houston Association of REALTORS

3693 Southwest Freeway

Houston, TX 77027

Have you tried www.realtor.com

basically the same info, just nation wide.

Yes, but I find it cumbersome and they don't remove "closed on" properties or give status. I am rather hooked on Har.com's "new listing" option. In today's market where things sell in hours, it is very accurate and they seem to post them as soon has they go in the MLS.

Yes, but I find it cumbersome and they don't remove "closed on" properties or give status. I am rather hooked on Har.com's "new listing" option. In today's market where things sell in hours, it is very accurate and they seem to post them as soon has they go in the MLS.

I agree - sometimes houses that have been sold for weeks will continue to sit there. I am having a meltdown without HAR as well. Hopefully they will get it up before the weekend searches start.

Well that thought had crossed my mind, I am a bit paranoid ;)

I hate realtor.com They usually only have one pic and I can't seem to find anyway to search by subdivision or street. Only by zip code. Makes it a long slow process. HAR is awesome.

Have you tried www.realtor.com

basically the same info, just nation wide.

Oh good grief its still down. I am going though major withdrawl here. I am wondering if MLS is down also because I haven't heard anything from our agent either about new houses on the market. However, nothing seems to be coming on the market AT ALL this summer in our search area that isn't cornering a major road or right near Gessner. :huh:

Where are you looking? We found that it was much easier to find our house a few months back by using friends in the area to let us know when neighbors were thinking about selling. If you catch it before it goes on the market even better...

Well that thought had crossed my mind, I am a bit paranoid ;)

I hate realtor.com They usually only have one pic and I can't seem to find anyway to search by subdivision or street. Only by zip code. Makes it a long slow process. HAR is awesome.

You can also try ziprealty.com, which often has more pictures than realtor.com although you still might prefer HAR.

Unfortunately, HAR has no control over that particular aspect. It is the responsibility of the individual agents to note whether the home closed, is pending, or has an option. When they put a new listing up, it immediately becomes active, so the system recognizes that right away, which is why the New Listing feature works so well. Some agents aren't very quick, and some properties move so fast that one second they're up and the next second they have a contract. It's nuts sometimes...

We (Realtors) can still access the MLS port.

The ziprealty.com site is pretty good and it lets you search by list date. So its sort of a "new listing" option. Bad thing is, doesn't look much was put on in our search area (2 houses in two days). I've never seen Central West or Memorial this slow before in May.

I think we are going to be heading for a townhouse lease until the stand off it over. :ph34r:

This outage is just incredible. Going on 4 days now. The people that run the site must be really, really clueless. I wonder if a virus ate all their pages, and they didn't have any backups, and now they're feverishly recoding the site.

It now says,

"HAR is aware of the technical difficulties currently being experienced on HAR.com. We are working diligently to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Thank you for your understanding and continued support of HAR.com."

If this doesn't represent everything that is wrong with the current REALTOR-based market, I don't know what does.

It now says,

If this doesn't represent everything that is wrong with the current REALTOR-based market, I don't know what does.

Please do not paint us all with the same brush. We're just as frustrated about this as you are. I have buyers right now that are pretty upset because they can't surf the site and I know how quickly that can turn onto an agent.

There are things "wrong" in every industry. There are a lot of things agents are trying to change within NAR/TAR/HAR and there are a lot of things agents simply have no control over. This is one of them. I don't think it represents anything except what they've said it is: a site attack from a virus that IT is trying to fix.

I just hope it is done soon!

Its depressing. We were having showings almost everyday and since Har has been down, nothing for 5 days. Also I notice that very little is being put on the market since its been down.

ziprealty has been a help in the meantime. I like the lot size search which HAr doesn't have.

Archived