Interesting Galveston mod

marmer

galv_mod.jpg

There are those wide triangular clerestory windows on the two story part over the garage which match the ones in the one-story part. Very impressive house, on Harbor View Drive near the med center. In a small enclave of interesting mods, a Barnstone, some Prices, a Greacen/Phillips. I didn't get a better picture. See that little white car in front of the house the picture? I was so busy looking at the house that I ran into the parked car with my bicycle! Ouch!

marmer

galv_mod.jpg

There are those wide triangular clerestory windows on the two story part over the garage which match the ones in the one-story part. Very impressive house, on Harbor View Drive near the med center. In a small enclave of interesting mods, a Barnstone, some Prices, a Greacen/Phillips. I didn't get a better picture. See that little white car in front of the house the picture? I was so busy looking at the house that I ran into the parked car with my bicycle! Ouch!

marmer

How did you capture that photo? I've found a ton of interesting things using that software that I want to show the board.

How did you capture that photo? I've found a ton of interesting things using that software that I want to show the board.

Well, I'm using a Mac, so if you're not you will have to use some other screen capture utility.

I use the utility called Grab; I activate it then choose "Selection" from the "Capture" menu, then I can select a portion of the screen. It saves it as a TIFF file which I then use Graphic Converter to convert to .jpg.

Here's a link about how to do it in Windows:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/h...nscreenshot.htm

Another link about some different Windows free screen capture utilities:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/screencap...for_Windows.htm

I don't know if there's some disabling feature in Windows browsers for this. That would be bad though certainly believable, probably some of those screencap utilities would work around it.

Worst case, tell me where they are and I'll do 'em for you :-)

marmer

Archived