Home On Telephone Rd. And Lindsay

DuqDuke

Posted a few down. Moving to Houston. Blah, blah. Interested in a property on Telephone and Lindsay:

http://www.har.com/1467068

Can anyone tell me much about the immediate area?

IMO that house is considerably overpriced for the area and the quality of the renovations. The house next door was much nicer and sold for less. I was familiar with the one next door because the sellers on that one, a young professional couple, (Attorney and an Architect), bought one of my listings on Colgate in Glenbrook Valley.

IMO that house is considerably overpriced for the area and the quality of the renovations. The house next door was much nicer and sold for less. I was familiar with the one next door because the sellers on that one, a young professional couple, (Attorney and an Architect), bought one of my listings on Colgate in Glenbrook Valley.

I was thinking the same thing about being overpriced, even with the garage apt., and the reno looks........fast and cheap? Hard to tell but I wonder if they actually helped out future buyers by renewing the important things like plumbing and electrical or just did a superficial makeover.

The area has seen its worst days and so has good upside potential but still looks fairly raw when you drive through.

I suspect that you are correct, but then again, it is an 'up' market in the East End. I only wish that I had $2.2 mil in the bank--won't say what I'd buy. :ph34r:

Also, how much visibility does it have from Telephone? Perhaps there are commercial potentials for a mom & pop establishment.

DugDuke,

My wife and I live on Scharpe St which is a few streets down within Broadmoor. Easy walking distance to the house on Lindsay you posted. Overall the area is great, it is predominantly hispanic but they make good neighbors all things considered. They work hard and by 7:30am everyone is off to work. This whole area called the East End is changing due to the low prices relative to areas such as the Heights, MidTown, Montrose, Etc.... and the location is so awesome in regards to getting to work Downtown, Medical Center, University of Houston, TSU, etc...

Find yourself a good agent to work with that knows the area, I would suggest RPS, and if your moving into the area and like the home on Lindsay then stop on by our house on Scharpe as it is unofficially for sale as my wife and I seek a home with a larger lot with room for a very big garage/shop.

All the best,

Scharpe St Guy

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me much about the immediate area?

I have lived around here since 1968 as a kid. I tried to open your link above but said "no longer open"?

The real irony is I knew the family that lived in the house I think you inquired on. It was on the corner of Lindsay/Henninger I think is the cross street? They let that house go (literally). To be perfectly honest with you I would stray away from that immediate area and shift closer to the freeway like Sharpe st guy (or me). The mere fact that the very, very low income group is well settled there. True. No sugarcoating. Otherwise you best invest in big time high-security, fencing, etc. Check out Broadmoor/Eastwood/Country Club Place/Mason Park/Sunnyland areas yes, Sunnyland! for some major bargains! and no I am not a realtor people so don't freak. :)

Talk to the locals!

• The title was changed to Home On Telephone Rd. And Lindsay