Pappadeaux's Or Pappasito's

i pick both. houston is the best for resturants, cause it has all types of foods we offer. cajun, tex-mex, jamaican, greek, china, japan, etc. thats why resturanta rather to cater here in houston then anywhere else. thats why houstonians eat out more then anybody in america today. besides, we have the number one catering company in the world, sysco.

I haven't been to either, but I've discovered this Goode Company Tanqueria, over on Kirby, kinda in the Rice area (I like that area), the food was gooood, I'm gonna go again tomorrow, but now I need to try to the other Goode Company restaurants in the area. Back to Pappa......, someone told me to try the seafood enchiladas at either Pappasitos or Pappadeuxs, can't remember which one, so I'll have to, seafood enchiladas sound....interesting.

...someone told me to try the seafood enchiladas at either Pappasitos or Pappadeuxs, can't remember which one, so I'll have to, seafood enchiladas sound....

They're at Pappasito's (the Pappas's Mexican concept) and they are absolutely delicious.

This strikes me as an odd topic, since it's comparing restaurants with two totally different types of cuisine. I like both, but I can't say I prefer one over the other because I like both seafood and Tex-Mex.

As for Pappadeaux not being authentic Cajun cooking, I definitely agree. However the food I've had there was always quite good, but for really authentic Cajun food I prefer some of my favorite restaurants in Louisiana. And I'll choose any of the Pappas's seafood restaurants over a Landry's anyday.

You know speaking of louisiana restaurants. I'm not from louisiana, but I have alot of family in that state. I always go to different parts of louisiana; baton rouge, new orleans, lafayetee, lake charles, and you know what. I think lousiana restaurants is really overrated I'm for real. Now if you want some really good louisiana cooking, it's home cooking. The reason why I say louisiana cooking is overrated, cause when you taste all the cooking here in houston, all these restaurants, and when you go to louisiana it's really the same, it's no difference. I say the qauilty of food, and best atompshere is pappas, pappassitos, etc. Look at all the restaurants here in houston compare to louisiana restarants, it's more to pick from here.

I can't eat cajun food, it gives me heartburn, but it sure does smell good! So I went to a new restaurant for me, it was called Donerakis, it was kinda near downtown, a friend took me, at first I thought I was in a bad part of town, but the food was good.

Archived