New apartments at US 249 and Northpoint

SamBanker

I thought that the neighborhood close to this location got together and put a stop to this project. I spoke to the General Contractor for the on Thursday and they have broken ground on the project. He said that it was going to be 364 units, and it was still low income housing but it was now aimed at households that made 30k or less (as opposed to the original 15k threshold). Any body hear anything else about this.

Are you sure about this? It was my understanding that the proposed "Willow Creek Apartments" were successfully defeated. If now, that's unfortunate.

This simply highlights our need to be able to incorporate or setup an Improvement District with the authority to fight this crap.

People to need to march on Austin against this crap. The Texas Dept of Housing and Harris County Housing Authority need to be sued.

This is a complete slap in the face to taxpaying families, who already burdened by unconstitionally high property taxes will have to absorb the effects of a government slum being built next to their neighborhood, bringing with it crime and overcrowding their schools with children who will require more attention from teachers and administrators, straining the learning environment. And of course, they will not pay their fair share in school taxes either.

Complete and utter bs.

With a few exceptions, it seems like most of the apartments in the "great northwest" resemble the demographics of the homeowners, including the lower income ones, which might just be the grown up kids of the homeowners who want to stay in the area they grew up, and are only making between 15k and 30k because they work entry-level jobs. I wouldn't be so quick to judge the apartments until we know how they turn out. This, of course, could take several years. I never worry too much about NW Houston. It seems like it always holds up well; everything from inner 610 loop NW Houston all the way to Magnolia.

Are you sure about this? It was my understanding that the proposed "Willow Creek Apartments" were successfully defeated. If now, that's unfortunate.

Any idea if the developers are out of CA? The reason I ask is because there's a Willow Creek Apartment complex near me, but this one is huge, 1682 units.

It is at the southwest quadrant of the intersection, Behind Chase and CVS. The main entrance is on Northpoint Dr west of 249, they are going to construct an entrance on the southbound side of 249 down the road.

They are also building a retail strip center in between the chase and the auto body shop.

I am trying to figure out why they are building the silverado so close the the AMC willowbrook. I hope that the area can support it.

This simply highlights our need to be able to incorporate or setup an Improvement District with the authority to fight this crap.

People to need to march on Austin against this crap. The Texas Dept of Housing and Harris County Housing Authority need to be sued.

This is a complete slap in the face to taxpaying families, who already burdened by unconstitionally high property taxes will have to absorb the effects of a government slum being built next to their neighborhood, bringing with it crime and overcrowding their schools with children who will require more attention from teachers and administrators, straining the learning environment. And of course, they will not pay their fair share in school taxes either.

Complete and utter bs.

Need to be so negative? What makes you think the kids will be slow because they live in an apartment? Kind of rough don't you think? There are kids at Cinco who are failing almost all their classes, but they live in a million dollar mansion. I can't tell the difference between kids living at apartments in Cinco, versus the ones living in the homes.

The Theatre will be a success. There's a huge population to draw from out here. It is about 3-4 miles from the nearest Theatre at Willowbrook which draws from a wide radius.

Now, they're renovating the old Home Depot near Willowbrook to become a Movie Tavern. Now I love these dinner theatre concept theatres.

The Theatre will be a success. There's a huge population to draw from out here. It is about 3-4 miles from the nearest Theatre at Willowbrook which draws from a wide radius.

Now, they're renovating the old Home Depot near Willowbrook to become a Movie Tavern. Now I love these dinner theatre concept theatres.

I dont think Willowbrook needs another Movie Theater. The AMC 24 is great enough. It's big, nice and in a good location. Is this the old Home Depot on HW 249?

I like Movie Tavern. I saw one when I was in Dallas a couple of weeks ago. I didn't know Houston had any, either. We need one in Downtown.

And Chris, Movie Tavern's don't go above 10 screens, so it is not like it is another 24 screen like the AMC.

• 1 month later...

Where are these apartments going? On which side of Northpointe? The side with Wachovia or the CVS. This sucks. Too many apartments... I remember seeing a sign for New Quest ( another retail location), but i didn't notice anything about apartments. The movie theatre will definitely be great for the area. Way too much business at AMC.

Archived