When Will Houston Get A Bloomingdales Or Barney's

I think they should build a Galleria expansion where Dilliards currently sits, tear it down, and build the new expansion there with Bloomingdales and Dilliards as anchor stores. That's the only spot I could think of for them to build an expansion if they are seriously considering a "Galleria 5"

Barney's already tried it once here, with the probably the most prime non-anchor spot in the Galleria. So, I'd bet we see a few inches of snow before we see them again.

Bloomingdales had a similar experience in Texas (in Dallas), though I'd assume they have a better chance of testing Houston waters in our lifetime.

Did you shop at either of these places when they were around? Would you if they came back? Would they compete for your dollars that would otherwise be spent at NM or S5A?

I always find it funny how some people on this board (not necessarily you, just in general) seem to think having these retailers is so important to the quality of urban life, yet never go inside one.

It's the same mentality that thinks having a Planet Hollywood is somehow good for the city. It's mind-boggling.

On a related question, if not one of those stores, who do you think will fill the Lord & Taylor spot when it opens up in the near future? That is a prime anchor spot for the Galleria, with good visibility on Westheimer.

"On a related question, if not one of those stores, who do you think will fill the Lord & Taylor spot when it opens up in the near future? That is a prime anchor spot for the Galleria, with good visibility on Westheimer"

I was thinking Macy's. Then they could tear down Galleria 3 and build an office tower or hotel that connects to the galleria. But I don't know if Lord & Taylor is a big enough space for Macy's. I think the Galleria already has most of the "upscale" anchors, of course they could get desperate to rent that space out and go "lowscale" for like Penny's, Sears or Wal-Mart! :)

Actually, maybe they could tear the L&T building down and build a Ritz or something in it's place, since Galleria 3 ain't going anywhere!

• 1 year later...
are all of your posts like this? because you have more than 1000 and that's just crazy

He was big here, over time some people on here made him mad so he asked the editer to remove his post.

He was big here, over time some people on here made him mad so he asked the editer to remove his post.

I didn't do it. He went around and did it himself. I wish I had that kind of spare time.

Archived