Commerce And Ennis Urban Loft Townhomes

I'm considering buying an Urban Loft on the East End. There is a pre-construction development there and I'd love to read some arguments here both for and against this idea....

http://www.houstonloft.net

For instance, if you live in the area, why do you enjoy it or why don't you? What are the main attractions in the area? What are the biggest problems with the area....Etc.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by HoustonFanatic

I'm considering buying an Urban Loft on the East End. There is a pre-construction development there and I'd love to read some arguments here both for and against this idea....

For instance, if you live in the area, why do you enjoy it or why don't you? What are the main attractions in the area? What are the biggest problems with the area....Etc.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to HAIF. It seems like we've had quite a bit of buzz about this area just lately. Lots of people are looking to buy in 77003, which is the zip code that encompasses the old warehouse district. You might be able to get some information by looking through earlier posts.

Which ones were you considering, specifically? Builder? Price point?

----------------

Just to let you know, I've got a site large enough to accomodate a single townhome over in Eastwood, an established neighborhood with rapidly improving demographics. It'd be great if you wanted something unique and custom-built, just for you, in a more cohesive neighborhood with plenty of large mature oak trees. Walking distance to Kroger, CVS, Bohemeo's Coffee shop, Kawonawan thai restaurant, various public schools, a future Harrisburg BRT stop, and just a bike ride away from UH, down either Cullen or Lockwood/Ernestine. PM me if interested.

Crime from the homeless, esp in the warehouse district is fairly high. I know several people who have studios on Commerce and they've all mentioned crime specifically as something that has worsened in the last 2 yrs. They have begun locking warehouses, even during the day.

Really? I've lived on Mckinney near Ennis for 8 months now with no problems. The only homeless guy I've ever seen is one that pushes his shopping cart by every morning around 5 or so. Sometimes he sings, sometimes he doesn't. I usually go jogging at night around 9pm or so all the way into downtown and back, haven't had any problems so far.

I really enjoy the area, its close enough to downtown so i can ride my bike on a nice day or even jog home from work. On weeknights weekends its nice and quiet (once you get used to the train).

Edited by Sebastian De La Ghetto!

Welcome to HAIF.

Which ones were you considering, specifically? Builder? Price point?

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm considering Urban Lofts for around $200k. They're selling pre-construction at the intersection of Commerce and Ennis. Seems like an interesting area. Warehouses and railroad tracks. In fact, the unit I'm considering is about 15 feet (no lie) from the tracks that run right down the middle of Commerce.

Anybody else live near there? What's it like? Do you feel safe? Do you feel welcome?

• The title was changed to Commerce And Ennis Urban Loft Townhomes