Advise: Should I place condo on the market

kw_uh97

Hello everyone, I would like your advice. Last month a condo adjacent to mine caught fire. The fire men had to enter my condo to make sure the fire was completely extinguished. Luckily no one was hurt during the fire. My initial assessment was that except for the front door the fire men had to Bata ram and the hole in my ceiling that they had to create to get to the fire, my condo was not really damaged in this ordeal. Afterwards the housing association decided to condemn my condo along with my neighbors'. The HA will begin to gut the condos and replace everything from the insulation and drywalls, tubs, up to the door knocker. So everything will be new in the condo.

Well my wife and I purchased the condo about three years ago and our family has since out grown the condo. We were to begin searching for a home to purchase in February 07. My question is would it be a good idea to place the condo on the market now before it gets completed or wait? I see the advantage of placing it on the market now as a chance for potential buyer customizes the tings they want in a condo. What do you guys think?

Thanks In Advance.

Most people don't want to move into a place that needs "work." painting is one thing but it sounds like they are redoing everything. Would the new owner have to pay for the improvements or is the home owner's association going to do it? if the HOA is going to do it, they are only going to put in basic things anyway.

If the place is gutted you sure won't get back what you paid for it originally most likely.

Where is the location?