Amoco Building Near Ship Channel

foxmulder

I'm not sure but there was a building demolished a year or two ago near the ship channel on manchester side, It had an Amoco logo which was visible in the late 80's and early 90's acid rain i presume and age made it peel and was unreadable. Am i correct? Was it an Amoco sign that was painted on the building? Why did they demolish it? This could be seen while traveling northbound on 610 before clinton.

• Like 1

I'm not sure but there was a building demolished a year or two ago near the ship channel on manchester side, It had an Amoco logo which was visible in the late 80's and early 90's acid rain i presume and age made it peel and was unreadable. Am i correct? Was it an Amoco sign that was painted on the building? Why did they demolish it? This could be seen while traveling northbound on 610 before clinton.

I think I know what you are talking about. It was on the right side when traveling from south to north on the north side of the channel. It was tall and slender with what appeared to be a globe with lat. and long. lines painted on it. I don't remember what it said but it was not an Amoco logo. The building itself was some kind of grain or granulated particle silo.

joe

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Amoco Building Near Ship Channel