Laptop battery issue.

Every laptop i've owned has had a battery countdown timer. I'm not interested in how accurate it is. just Simply the fact that it is there. On my hp it just says "96 % remaining." It doesn't give me a ball park figure. How can i correct it?

Also i'm looking for good back up software. I plan on copying my harddrive once i get my new harddrive in. I've used ghost 7.5 and it's worked fine. Burn back up on disk and boot from disk and it loads. The new version of ghost can't do that. ...

Every laptop i've owned has had a battery countdown timer. I'm not interested in how accurate it is. just Simply the fact that it is there. On my hp it just says "96 % remaining." It doesn't give me a ball park figure. How can i correct it?

I'm not exactly sure what your question is....

When you unplug your laptop and the battery is in you see how much time you have on the charge. IE: 96% 2:20 mins remaining. My laptop doesn't show this. It just says "96%"

Interesting. You running Windows XP? What happens if you double click the battery icon in the system tray? Does it show up on that window? It may be that the computer doesn't know how big the battery is, so it can only express the percent as a function of the remaining voltage. Are you using a non OEM battery?

Interesting. You running Windows XP? What happens if you double click the battery icon in the system tray? Does it show up on that window? It may be that the computer doesn't know how big the battery is, so it can only express the percent as a function of the remaining voltage. Are you using a non OEM battery?

i have a 12 cell and 6 cell HP battery OEM. When i click on it it takes me to...Power meter :current power source battery total power remaining 100%, On both batteries using XP media center.

i have a 12 cell and 6 cell HP battery OEM. When i click on it it takes me to...Power meter :current power source battery total power remaining 100%, On both batteries using XP media center.

Interesting. Maybe its because you're running media center edition. *shrug* My XP Pro machine displays the time remaining, as well as percent and some other stuff in the window that pops up.