Furnishing vacant home and Model Home?

jscarbor

Anyone have thoughts on ways to furnish vacant homes for sale? Looking for contemporarish nice furniture. Are there companies that will furnish for a fee and pick up after x amount of time? Or do you have to buy the furniture?

We got a quote to have a house "staged" recently. It was a 1750 square foot 3/2 with a den, living room and office.

It was going to be about $5,000 for a few months.

flipper

We got a quote to have a house "staged" recently. It was a 1750 square foot 3/2 with a den, living room and office.

It was going to be about $5,000 for a few months.

flipper

$5000?! Damn that a lot of loot.

Yes you can rent furniture.

I know you can rent furniture (I didn't make that clear though) but I guess i was wondering if there were good sources for renting if you were to go that route? Nice looking stuf. Or does the basic aarons or hoffer offer good selection? I really haven't even looked.

I'm getting ready to do this myself with our flip home. I have been scouring Craigslist pretty hard and am picking up a deal here and a deal there. I figure I will either...

A. Offer the furniture for sale with the home if the buyer likes

B. Save for the next house

C. Have a garage sale and sell the items (hence the need to find the deals) don't wan't to lose to much money on it.

Scharpe St Guy

$5000?! Damn that a lot of loot.

I know you can rent furniture (I didn't make that clear though) but I guess i was wondering if there were good sources for renting if you were to go that route? Nice looking stuf. Or does the basic aarons or hoffer offer good selection? I really haven't even looked.