Frank Lloyd Wright Thaxton House Photos

BenH

Cool. Some of those images are published in a few books that I have. I cannot believe I never thought to check Arcaid for this house. Many people complain about the severity of this house but I think it is pretty neat. Before it was altered it was around 1,800 square feet, and from what I understand a Japanese inspired addition made it around 3,300 sf. You can also tell a little bit about it by looking at it on Google Earth or the satellite feature on Google Maps. I love the way the pool is against the house by the master bedroom.

This actually reminds me...I have been looking for images on the Maher House by Howard Barnstone, on Lazy Lane. If any of you have any, or know of a contact where I can find construction docs or photos I would be thrilled! All I have is a photo from the Guide and also the article in Ephemeral City, which I bought yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

Stephen Fox wrote the article on Barnstone. That article and pictures are worth the price of the book on its own.

I know Space Age got to go in that house before it was altered, but I don't know if he has photos...

Jason

Cool. Some of those images are published in a few books that I have. I cannot believe I never thought to check Arcaid for this house. Many people complain about the severity of this house but I think it is pretty neat. Before it was altered it was around 1,800 square feet, and from what I understand a Japanese inspired addition made it around 3,300 sf. You can also tell a little bit about it by looking at it on Google Earth or the satellite feature on Google Maps. I love the way the pool is against the house by the master bedroom.

This actually reminds me...I have been looking for images on the Maher House by Howard Barnstone, on Lazy Lane. If any of you have any, or know of a contact where I can find construction docs or photos I would be thrilled! All I have is a photo from the Guide and also the article in Ephemeral City, which I bought yesterday.

• The title was changed to Frank Lloyd Wright Thaxton House Photos

Archived