Two more ideas for area schools

VicMan

I have two more ideas for area schools:

1. Publish nutrition information for school cafeteria food on the internet and at school.

Large urban districts should publish the data in multiple languages at all campuses.

Caterers (i.e. if Chik-Fil-A delivers food to school every Tuesday) would also be required to publish such information.

2. Schools should report data on English learners.

California schools, such as Mark Keppel HS in Alhambra, publish home language statistics of English learners (as seen here http://www.greatschools.net/cgi-bin/ca/other/14566 )

As immigration to Texas, both legal and illegal, increases, school districts should publish this information.

1. Food sold at grocery stores has labels indicating ingredients and nutritional content so the shopper may decide which food to buy. Food sold in school cafeterias and school-sanctioned fast food sales should also have this information :)

2. The information about English as second language speakers may help indicate trends in the school (E.G. if a lot of immigrants from, say, Taiwan settle in an area, the local schools may need more ESL teachers specializing in the Taiwanese dialect of Chinese) and may indicate which ESL teachers are needed.

1. Food sold at grocery stores has labels indicating ingredients and nutritional content so the shopper may decide which food to buy. Food sold in school cafeterias and school-sanctioned fast food sales should also have this information :)

2. The information about English as second language speakers may help indicate trends in the school (E.G. if a lot of immigrants from, say, Taiwan settle in an area, the local schools may need more ESL teachers specializing in the Taiwanese dialect of Chinese) and may indicate which ESL teachers are needed.

Interesting. You have a lot of drive with the education thing, i like that! If you were my kid, i would buy you a car ;)