Shining Spot in Houston

rippedoff

Really did not know where to post this.

Today "Playgrounds without Limits" opened in Memorial Park.

This is a park where kids (and even adults) with disabilities can join those who are not disabled and have a great time.

A beautiful ceremony was held this morning with Deborah Duncan and Domiinique Sachse hosting.

The playground itself is wheelchair accesible throughout.

Two other playgrounds like this one are in the works.

Carolyn Farb did a fabulous job helping raise funds to get the job done.

The official name is The Vale-Asche Foundation Playground.

Having a disabled nephew in a wheelchair a park was one place I could not take him.

Today he was able to join other kids and enjoy the playground for the first time.

With thanks to the mayor, parks department and so many people who generously gave their time and money to make this happen kids in wheelchairs can enjoy a great day out.

Mrs. Farb was truly an inspiration today.

• 3 weeks later...

A good friend of mine who works for the Houston Parks Board designed and oversaw the construction of this playground. He was unfortunatly not at the dedication ceremony because He and his wife and my wife and I were all at the Pearland vs Austin Westlake football game in College Station that day. Both of our daughters are in the PHS Band.

• 1 month later...
Really did not know where to post this.

Today "Playgrounds without Limits" opened in Memorial Park.

This is a park where kids (and even adults) with disabilities can join those who are not disabled and have a great time.

A beautiful ceremony was held this morning with Deborah Duncan and Domiinique Sachse hosting.

The playground itself is wheelchair accesible throughout.

Two other playgrounds like this one are in the works.

Carolyn Farb did a fabulous job helping raise funds to get the job done.

The official name is The Vale-Asche Foundation Playground.

Having a disabled nephew in a wheelchair a park was one place I could not take him.

Today he was able to join other kids and enjoy the playground for the first time.

With thanks to the mayor, parks department and so many people who generously gave their time and money to make this happen kids in wheelchairs can enjoy a great day out.

Mrs. Farb was truly an inspiration today.

Now this is what I call great positive news for all of Houston! Way to go! I think a great celebration is in order! :P

Archived