Barker's Crossing: Outside Of Coles Crossing

mrfootball

• 1 month later...

Any updates on the development of Barker's crossing, the retail development outside of Cole's Crossing at 290 @ Barker Cypress? The website for the developer claimed that retail sites would be available in the 3rd quarter of 2006, but that is long gone. The HEB sign stuck in the ground also claimed 2006 was the big year. . . just curious if anyone knows any more about the delay?

HEB was considering building a store closer to Fairfield and was apparently delaying construction at the Coles Crossing site. Not sure if the Randall's new-concept store upgrade had anything to do with it, probably not. Anyway, that has apparently been worked out, and they are going to build a "Big" HEB with expanded offerings and a 'Cafe on the Run' at the site (I think I heard construction begins in March or April...not sure). Additionally, there's a Hospital/Medical building going in on that property to be operated by Christus.

Thanks mrfootball!

HEB was considering building a store closer to Fairfield and was apparently delaying construction at the Coles Crossing site. Not sure if the Randall's new-concept store upgrade had anything to do with it, probably not. Anyway, that has apparently been worked out, and they are going to build a "Big" HEB with expanded offerings and a 'Cafe on the Run' at the site (I think I heard construction begins in March or April...not sure). Additionally, there's a Hospital/Medical building going in on that property to be operated by Christus.

I will be thrilled to have an HEB out here, but the traffic at that whole intersection is a nightmare any time of day. I seldom go to Randalls because of it. I guess coming in the backside from Jarvis would be best.

I am dissappointed that the Vintage HEB store will be more like the Woodlands and not the Central Mkt in Highland Village. I took my sister to the Woodlands store thinking they were the same and was very dissappointed. They didn't have a lot of the things I go to HV for, and were pretty snippy when I asked various people about it. Guess I'll still have to go there for the good stuff!

(new here, but have been reading this section for months, lots of great info)

It's still unclear as to what exactly the new Central Market / HEB store will be at the Vintage.

There have been several articles in the Houston Chronicle and Houston Business Journal that have specifically referred to it as a "Central Market HEB". There was another new article (see Kelsey-Seybold post) referring to it again. So who knows???

• 1 month later...

They started clearing the site on the northwest corner of 290 & Barker Cypress last week, so it looks like the HEB is "GOING UP!"

didn't they clear that site 2 years ago also?

Dunno. I wasn't around then. But there is definitely some action going on right now. Lots of RCP on the site right now, so it appears they're working on drainage.

• The title was changed to Barker's Crossing: Outside Of Coles Crossing

Archived