Looking for a gated community

Need a gated community but don't have tons of millions for an estate. I know that South Shore Harbour has some gated communities - just don't know a realtor to help me find out what is in that community that I can afford. Was also hoping some new construction out there had some gated communities. Thanks.

Need a gated community but don't have tons of millions for an estate. I know that South Shore Harbour has some gated communities - just don't know a realtor to help me find out what is in that community that I can afford. Was also hoping some new construction out there had some gated communities. Thanks.

If U were looking for any in the Houston Area, Royal Oaks in Alief is pretty nice, yo :)

Call that Delva chick, you can't miss her billboards with the "Dynasty" type outfits she wears, especially that huge hat she wears.

delva_headshot1_150.jpg

She is like South Shore's elite agent and likely does all the gated communities.

If U were looking for any in the Houston Area, Royal Oaks in Alief is pretty nice, yo :)

How funny!!!! That's what my husband came up with - but he works in Westchase - that's good for him. Unfortunately, my job is off Edgebrook (downtown next year) and our kids go to Christian school in Clear Lake.

Call that Delva chick, you can't miss her billboards with the "Dynasty" type outfits she wears, especially that huge hat she wears.

delva_headshot1_150.jpg

She is like South Shore's elite agent and likely does all the gated communities.

yeah...

i hire all my service needs from billboards, crazy late night tv spots, or if they wear funny hats.

:blink:

is she the tough, smart real estate agent??? :P

She has plenty in your price range that are in gated neighborhoods.

How could you tell that they are in GATED communities. I looked at all of her listings, and I couldn't see one that said gated in my price range.

yeah...

i hire all my service needs from billboards, crazy late night tv spots, or if they wear funny hats.

:blink:

is she the tough, smart real estate agent??? :P

LOL - Delva Adler

150-300

The only gated community I know of in Houston at that price range is one going up directly across the street from Elsik High School. (130 and above). Royal Oaks now has a starting price of 450k. I know quite a few celebs that live there, like some of the Rockets, and some of the local news and radio anchors here.

Seabrook probably has some in that price range as well. If U ever went on the north side, Cy-World also has EXCELLENT gated community home deals at that range. That's probably where you get the best for your money in Houston.

If you are looking for good Christian schools and nice gated communities, come to Houstons NW side. We have nice gated communities here and great Christian schools. Im not sure about finding something in your price range though. If you dont mind living around a ton of republicans and people that shout and support family values every minute, come on out this way ;);););)

Several of my neighbors send thier kids to the Cypress Christian School. http://cccs-hou.org/39902.ihtml

Some gated communities going up here in the NW

Wimbledon Falls

Rock Creek

Spring Creek Ranch

Wincrest Falls

Vintage Lakes

Also if you will be working Dwntwn, we have a ton of different Park and Ride options from the NW into Dwntwn which will cut down on your travel time.

Edited by Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

I'd personally be inclined toward something closer to I-45 if I were in your position. It'd be less prone to hurricane damage, so your insurance rates wouldn't be too crazy. Getting to and from Seabrook can also be difficult at times, as I'm sure you're aware.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are looking for good Christian schools and nice gated communities, come to Houstons NW side. We have nice gated communities here and great Christian schools. Im not sure about finding something in your price range though. If you dont mind living around a ton of republicans and people that shout and support family values every minute, come on out this way ;);););)

My sister lives in the northwest area and it's actually becoming more diverse politically and religiously, like the Houston area in general. As far as I can tell, 100 percent of the residents shout and support family values every minute, regardless of political party or church affiliation. That makes it a great area.

The northwest area is still affordable, very nice, and more and more has all the conveniences of the city proper. It's one of my favorite areas, and I hope to move there in a couple of years after retirement.

• 1 month later...

Check out the Canyon Gate communities and see if they built one around that area. There is one right next to Greatwood called Canyon Gate at the Brazos. Looks nice, so i would think they probably will build it the same way around town.

Edited by icanluv2

• 2 months later...

Hows the hunt? Have you settled yet?