60gb Sony Playstation 3 For Sale!

Jeebus

I have had some extremely good fortune this week. Today, while doing some light Christmas shopping I went into the local EBgames to purchase a gift for my cousin. As I was checking out, I made some small talk with the clerk, asking him when they would likely begin getting Playstation 3's again on a regular basis. Expecting to hear "February", I was shocked when he said that he had just gotten four PS3's in a shipment just two hours earlier. He told me that the store policy was to not advertise their unexpected arrival, and to sell to the first four walk-in customers who asked.

I was the fourth walk-in customer. I had no need for one, but knew that someone out there did so I purchased it. I paid retail plus tax for the 60gb model. I'm offering it for sale here as well as at my work.

Since Dream posted a classified ad for the same product first, I'm not going to undersale him just to make a profit. I too will ask $950.00 for my 60gb PS3, which has never been opened. This version of the PS3 packaging comes with a copy of "Telladega Nights", on Blu-Ray DVD, as well. If $950.00 is never offered, I will still entertain other serious offers.

You can go here: Current Playstation 3 eBay Auctions to see the current PS3 auctions. Most 60gb models sell for around 900 to 1000 plus 50 to 75 for shipping. Buying from me versus eBay gives you a chance to skip the hassles of shipping, and inspect the product first hand before buying.

Here are some pictures:

2hx7pcz.jpg

2eowcox.jpg

487rqrq.jpg

4i6oq3b.jpg

If you are interested, PM me for details.

Thanks.

I have had some extremely good fortune this week. Today, while doing some light Christmas shopping I went into the local EBgames to purchase a gift for my cousin. As I was checking out, I made some small talk with the clerk, asking him when they would likely begin getting Playstation 3's again on a regular basis. Expecting to hear "February", I was shocked when he said that he had just gotten four PS3's in a shipment just two hours earlier. He told me that the store policy was to not advertise their unexpected arrival, and to sell to the first four walk-in customers who asked.

I was the fourth walk-in customer. I had no need for one, but knew that someone out there did so I purchased it. I paid retail plus tax for the 60gb model. I'm offering it for sale here as well as at my work.

Since Dream posted a classified ad for the same product first, I'm not going to undersale him just to make a profit. I too will ask $950.00 for my 60gb PS3, which has never been opened. This version of the PS3 packaging comes with a copy of "Telladega Nights", on Blu-Ray DVD, as well. If $950.00 is never offered, I will still entertain other serious offers.

You can go here: Current Playstation 3 eBay Auctions to see the current PS3 auctions. Most 60gb models sell for around 900 to 1000 plus 50 to 75 for shipping. Buying from me versus eBay gives you a chance to skip the hassles of shipping, and inspect the product first hand before buying.

Here are some pictures:

2hx7pcz.jpg

2eowcox.jpg

487rqrq.jpg

4i6oq3b.jpg

If you are interested, PM me for details.

Thanks.

I'll give you $20.

There's no reason to buy a first wave ps3 right now. Most of em have bugs, almost no backwards compatability (can't play ps1 or ps2 games), almost no game exclusivity (you can buy the same games on xbox 360), and the same gaphics as the 360. The only thing it has goin is the over-hyped blu ray player, which we've seen Sony try to introduce new formats in the past (remember beta video cassettes, mini-disc?)

The ones on Ebay aren't selling either, people know Sony's already re-shipping units to stores.

Jeebus, I respect your honesty and the fact that you are not trying to cheat people out of money. Selling a 60 gb PS3 for that price is a great deal.

I would suggest you hold off on selling it until the week before Christmas when people get desperate and the shippments before the holidays are over with, some parent who makes a 6 or 7 figure salary will buy it for thier kid out of desperation and you could likely double your profits.

I know that is not what you are after, but you will win and the guy buying from you won't care, because it will hardly make a dent in his savings.

Just a thought.

There's no reason to buy a first wave ps3 right now. Most of em have bugs, almost no backwards compatability (can't play ps1 or ps2 games), almost no game exclusivity (you can buy the same games on xbox 360), and the same gaphics as the 360. The only thing it has goin is the over-hyped blu ray player, which we've seen Sony try to introduce new formats in the past (remember beta video cassettes, mini-disc?)

The ones on Ebay aren't selling either, people know Sony's already re-shipping units to stores.

77017 why are you being a Douchebag and trying to mess up a sale ? If you can't afford it, move along, don't try to put your lousy 2cents in. $950 is a fine deal for someone that doesn't want to wait in line for 3 days to get one. BTW the second shipment is gonna be smaller than the first one genious so why don't you keep your bad karma and comments to yourself. What a Jackhole.

77017 why are you being a Douchebag and trying to mess up a sale ? If you can't afford it, move along, don't try to put your lousy 2cents in. $950 is a fine deal for someone that doesn't want to wait in line for 3 days to get one. BTW the second shipment is gonna be smaller than the first one genious so why don't you keep your bad karma and comments to yourself. What a Jackhole.

Then what? <_<

well, crap - i'd pay at least $30...

:D:ph34r:

You could have bought a Gamboy Advanced "Micro" for $39 on black Friday for cheap, but unfortunately sevifv, people will only laugh, and really it is worth the $500+ for simply the use of it being an HD next-gen player.

If I don't get a buyer by Christmas Eve I'm going to return the unit back to the store to give some unlucky bastard a chance to make their spoiled kid happy for Christmas.

So with that the offer now drops to $900.00

PM me for details.

If I don't get a buyer by Christmas Eve I'm going to return the unit back to the store to give some unlucky bastard a chance to make their spoiled kid happy for Christmas.

So with that the offer now drops to $900.00

PM me for details.

I was searching the malls earlier this week looking for a Wii for a friend. No one had any, but at two stores out of nine they said they had PS3's if I was interested.

I don't think there's a PS3 scarcity like there used to be.

Is that here in Houston, or up there in Chicago? I went to 3 different Houston area Best-Buys, 1 Circuit-City, 1 Fry's, and 3 malls last week - ALL had Playstation 3 "SOLD OUT" notices in their windows & on their shelves.

Is that here in Houston, or up there in Chicago? I went to 3 different Houston area Best-Buys, 1 Circuit-City, 1 Fry's, and 3 malls last week - ALL had Playstation 3 "SOLD OUT" notices in their windows & on their shelves.

This was in northern New Jersey. Rockaway mall in Rockaway, New Jersey and the Willowbrook Mall in Wayne, New Jersey.

My friend promised me $50 if I could track down a Wii for her kids. She thought they might be more plentiful on the coasts. I guess not.

I was searching the malls earlier this week looking for a Wii for a friend. No one had any, but at two stores out of nine they said they had PS3's if I was interested.

I don't think there's a PS3 scarcity like there used to be.

I agree. I'm not going to keep this thing. Its too soon it give my money to Sony for Blu-Ray, and I actually would rather a Wii or re-design PS2 for 1/3rd the price. PS2 games are all about to start getting real cheap. It will be a good time to play those games you never had time for, or wanted to drop $50.00 dollars on (e.g. Gran Tourismo 4, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, or Metal Gear Solid 3).

Price still at $900.00 (O.B.O. over retail)

Price still at $900.00 (O.B.O. over retail)

Looks like prices are taming down, but I still think Jeebus, if you want something close to your asking price, the last days right before christmas, deperation will kick back in and supply and demand econimics should put the 60 gb version back above $900 and maybe even above $1,000 again.

Maybe. Althought every store had huge stacks of Wii boxes, none were actually for sale - they were just for display.

:lol::lol::lol: Didn't think to pick one up and shake it. Hmmmmmm.......might have been just a box of rocks for all I know.

Did anyone see the guy that was actually selling a box of sticks or rocks in the PS3 section ? Funny stuff, I asked him if I could get my box mixed with both sticks and rocks, he said he would do it for no extra charge. SWEET !

Looks like prices are taming down, but I still think Jeebus, if you want something close to your asking price, the last days right before christmas, deperation will kick back in and supply and demand econimics should put the 60 gb version back above $900 and maybe even above $1,000 again.

Well they're still selling for $900.00 plus $50.00 shipping, on average, on ebay. The best offer I've gotten in person was for $750. Not bad, but I'll keep holding out.

Worst case scenario is a $650.00 refund & some random kid gets something he wasn't expecting for Christmas.

Well they're still selling for $900.00 plus $50.00 shipping, on average, on ebay. The best offer I've gotten in person was for $750. Not bad, but I'll keep holding out.

Worst case scenario is a $650.00 refund & some random kid gets something he wasn't expecting for Christmas.

Put an ad on Craigslist.org if you have not already

• 4 weeks later...
I just paid about $635 for mine. I walked in to wal-mart, spotted one, and purchased it a few days ago. In fact, I am using it to send this message right now.

That is actually pretty cool that you are using it as a computer. Does it come with a keyboard, or is that a sepreate option ?

That is actually pretty cool that you are using it as a computer. Does it come with a keyboard, or is that a sepreate option ?

No keyboard in either package (the $599 and $$99)

How did you get it for $635?

$599 + tax is $648.41?

Oops. I am sorry, I paid $636.44, not $635. I got it at a Wal-mart that has a tax bracket of 6.250 %. If you do the math on a product that is listed at 599.00 you get $37.44 in tax which gives you a total of $636.44.

No, it does not have a keyboard, but you can use a wireless keyboard on it if you have one. All I did was use the controller. It is similar to text messaging only there is a list of words that you can select from as you type. If you are good at text messaging then you might even type better on this.

All I did was plug it in to the DSL line and was surfing the net on my television. I have even downloaded some demos of games on it. I downloaded a Sudoku puzzle game, a Motorstorm demo, a Grand Turismo HD demo, and the Resistance: Fall of man Demo(even though I could go rent the game for a couple of bucks) all for free.

You can even install an operating system on it too.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived