Underpass On Navigation Blvd.

TexasFreeway.com

I need a little help. I need some good photos of the Navigation Blvd underpass east of downtown. I am putting together a page about the abandoned Preston Street underpass which utilized the same construction.

If anyone has photos of the Preston underpass when it was in use that would be great and appreciated.

The higher resolution the better. I can provide a place to upload the photos. Credit will be given.

Thanks in advance.

Here are some photos of the old Preston underpass.

http://www.texasfreeway.com/Houston/historic/abandoned/Preston-StCharles/images/Houston-Preston_StCharles-Abandoned-Underpass_LE-B_LR.jpg

http://www.texasfreeway.com/Houston/historic/abandoned/Preston-StCharles/images/Houston-Preston_StCharles-Abandoned-Underpass_LSW_LR.jpg

http://www.texasfreeway.com/Houston/historic/abandoned/Preston-StCharles/images/Preston_StCharles-Abandoned-Underpass_Air.jpg

• Like 1

I stumbled across this place some time ago while studying the old Houston Electric rail road. I think the records have been lost as to when it was offically closed but I have managed to trace back to the 1960's when it was still open. Though not in use much. An old business that is no loner there use to use it as the rear entrance to its loading docks. thid was gathered from talking to some of the old residents that were still living in the area at the time I was doing my research.

Once the road was offically abonded the railroad lost no time in back filling the area and relaying the tracks.

I stumbled across this place some time ago while studying the old Houston Electric rail road. I think the records have been lost as to when it was offically closed but I have managed to trace back to the 1960's when it was still open. Though not in use much. An old business that is no loner there use to use it as the rear entrance to its loading docks. thid was gathered from talking to some of the old residents that were still living in the area at the time I was doing my research.

Once the road was offically abonded the railroad lost no time in back filling the area and relaying the tracks.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool pictures! B)

What would also be cool is if they are any pictures out there of the old Almeda/Holmes Road underpass. Before the South Freeway was constructed, Almeda Road was Hwy 288. It always amazed me how old this underpass was. Used to be kind of spooky as a kid going under there because Almeda was already 4 lanes but the underpass was a narrow two lanes and already "weathered" (I'm talking the 1970's)

• The title was changed to Navigation Blvd. Underpass
  • The title was changed to Underpass On Navigation Blvd.