60+ the new 40+

Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

It's funny if you watch old movies or TV shows, the people appear so much older than their actual ages. Many of them have the look and the maturity level of a 40-year-old, and you'd be surprised that most of them were in their '20s or so.

If you take someone like Jennifer Garner who's in her early-mid '30s, she seems so youthful. Back in the '50s or early '60s, she'd probably appear 40-something on-screen.

Deidre Hall at 59:

G115657.jpg

Poor Joan Van Ark, who's in her mid-'60s didn't hold up as well as her "Knots" co-stars:

250px-Joanvanark.jpg

Poor ol' Joan.

2rw2uix.jpg

For the ladies!

Keith Richard, 63.

Thanks loads. There goes a perfectly good $10 lunch down the drain. But, I COULD save the big chunks for you!

You'd think a man that ugly couldn't get any uglier. Heck, you'd think he couldn't even LIVE to be so old. He's not dead, he just SMELLS like it!

My guess is that not one of these people has been brave enough to age naturally without surgery. And is their hair all not gray?

I'm not saying I'm for or against artificially looking younger but this is not a good sampling of reality.

thankfully, you took the wind out of my sails...

and said it more respectfully than i would have.

also some of the studio shots surely have retouching as

they have less wrinkles than someone 40.

250px-Joanvanark.jpg

Poor ol' Joan.

a good example of some over torqued plastic surgery... :(

also some of the studio shots surely have retouching

This is certainly the case. It is amazing how easy it is to become a model. I don't consider myself a very attractive guy and didn't think that I could generate interest from a bombshell beauty, but during the course of my last relationship, I found out that she had modeled for a Libertarian Party calendar, AND been put on the front cover. And she was gorgeous in the shots (not that she wasn't plenty pretty to begin with), almost unrecognizable if she wasn't standing right there next to you for comparison. Talk about stroking a guy's ego! I mean, this kind of stuff just doesn't happen to me!

And then, while visiting family during Thanksgiving, I found out that my blonde cousin, who had gained a lot and lost a bit of weight after having had an emotional breakdown was now partially paying her way through life by modelling at biker fests and also for calendars that will no doubt grace the walls of many mechanics' shops and taxi-drivers' dashboards. (Let this be a lesson: you can take the girl out of Conroe but you can't take the Conroe out of the girl.)

Anyway, so much for my purring ego...if they can touch my cousin up in those shots, then my ex- would've been a breeze.

Archived