Do you know your neighborhood inside and out?

flipper

Hey Folks,

One of the main ways we find houses to remodel is by contacting the owners of run down/ vacant houses.

So do you have any of those houses on your street? In your neighborhood?

If there's something you think I might be interested in, let me know.

If it turns out to be something worth pursuing, I can show you how I can pay you alot of money for helping me.

flipper

there was one i was looking at in my part of inwood north that had been vacant for a long time, but someone got it, as i saw a crew doing some work on it recently. (sigh) i moved too slow (ie, never.)

what are your criteria? :-)

i wouldn't mind bird-dogging or assigning a contract if i *ahem* "get the time" to put a contract on something.

i really need to educate myself on this process - by doing it.

One of the main ways we find houses to remodel is by contacting the owners of run down/ vacant houses.

You might check out xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for something similar. Pretty cool site.

there was one i was looking at in my part of inwood north that had been vacant for a long time, but someone got it, as i saw a crew doing some work on it recently. (sigh) i moved too slow (ie, never.)

what are your criteria? :-)

i wouldn't mind bird-dogging or assigning a contract if i *ahem* "get the time" to put a contract on something.

i really need to educate myself on this process - by doing it.

I'd be happy to walk you through the process if you find something else. Assigning contracts is a great way to make really decent money.

flipper

Hey Folks,

If there's something you think I might be interested in, let me know.

If it turns out to be something worth pursuing, I can show you how I can pay you alot of money for helping me.

flipper

One interesting home I can think of is at 2202 McClendon. I don't know if you shy away from the $40+/sqft land areas or not.

It is a fairly large 2 story on a prime corner lot (Montclair & McClendon). 2 custom houses ($1M+) on corner of Montclair & Southgate (one street N) built in 2006. So you would be fighting against the tide of teardown. However, the house is interesting to me. Sort of New Orleans style, with balconies and wrought iron. Aesthetically looks terrible, but I think would clean up well and could sell for $600K+.

Mysteriously, an FSBO sign went up a few weeks ago and came down a few days later. Don't know what that means, but he is in a mood to sell, if it hasn't already sold.

One interesting home I can think of is at 2202 McClendon. I don't know if you shy away from the $40+/sqft land areas or not.

It is a fairly large 2 story on a prime corner lot (Montclair & McClendon). 2 custom houses ($1M+) on corner of Montclair & Southgate (one street N) built in 2006. So you would be fighting against the tide of teardown. However, the house is interesting to me. Sort of New Orleans style, with balconies and wrought iron. Aesthetically looks terrible, but I think would clean up well and could sell for $600K+.

Mysteriously, an FSBO sign went up a few weeks ago and came down a few days later. Don't know what that means, but he is in a mood to sell, if it hasn't already sold.

mpbro,

I'm familiar with the area. Those 2 new constructions on Southgate are unique. I will try and get over there and check out 2202 McClendon.

If you see the for sale sign re-appear snag the phone number for me!

ps. thanks, and I'll let you know if I find anything out.

flipper

Guest BelowRadar
You might check out xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for something similar. Pretty cool site.

I have been using xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx recently. So far, I have ordered 43 contacts which resulted in 7 responses of which 3 will likely convert into deals. Very cool site and homeowners don't seem mind doing it this way. I used to call home owners and most seemed annoyed or insulted.

I have been using xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx recently. So far, I have ordered 43 contacts which resulted in 7 responses of which 3 will likely convert into deals. Very cool site and homeowners don't seem mind doing it this way. I used to call home owners and most seemed annoyed or insulted.

What do you mean by "deals"?

What about homeowners contacted by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx who don't use the computer?

flipper

What do you mean by "deals"?

What about homeowners contacted by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx who don't use the computer?

flipper

It's interesting--xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx physically sends postcards to homeowners, using tax records. It's simple, and I wonder if it works. Unfortunately, you have to know which properties you want to offer on. Would be cool if they had the ability to find leads through the website.

It's interesting--xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx physically sends postcards to homeowners, using tax records. It's simple, and I wonder if it works. Unfortunately, you have to know which properties you want to offer on. Would be cool if they had the ability to find leads through the website.

I guess I just don't "get" the value of the service. I send mail to hundreds of homeowners every month with my phone number,email address and website on it. It costs me .39 for the stamp, another .10 for the paper and envelope + mine or my wife's time. It sure isn't $4 per postcard like they charge.

I like the fact the people know they will be "me" and not a big company, and especially not a dot com.

I guess I'm a rabid anti-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ;) (not really)

flipper

I have been using xxxxxxxxxxxxx recently. So far, I have ordered 43 contacts which resulted in 7 responses of which 3 will likely convert into deals. Very cool site and homeowners don't seem mind doing it this way. I used to call home owners and most seemed annoyed or insulted.

Really? You've been using it lately? I'm sooooo surprised, considering that you're PART OF THE COMPANY.

Go astroturf somewhere else.

Company name and links removed. User suspended.

Really? You've been using it lately? I'm sooooo surprised, considering that you're PART OF THE COMPANY.

Go astroturf somewhere else.

Company name and links removed. User suspended.

This must be about xxxxxxxxxxxxx (edited by Editor). It was in the Chronicle last Sunday. Realtors will surely hate this latest offering no doubt. I actually received a note in the mail from them. I have not responded because my home is not for sale, but I will hang onto the notice because there is a good chance that we will begin looking for a new home April May next year. I actually am cool with it. Better than getting another weird note on my front door which happens all to often here in Afton Oaks.

• 1 month later...

Hey flipper, there might be one on my street. It was looking pretty ratty for a while, someone moved in and painted the exterior - terribly - and now they are gone, the fence is busted, and the garage door is torn down. let me know the best way to contact you to give it look. as i previously stated, i'd like to learn more than the theory of flipping, which i understand quite well. a home on my street would be pretty easy to work with.

-tak-

it would be great if some folks could do more flipping/rehabbing in the binz/southmore/blodgett area between main and almeda. there are some nice medium size and large homes that are either starting to decline while inhabited (slumlords) or others getting bulldozed and replaced with townhomes...

I don't feel like the demand for remodeled old houses has been established over there.

flipper

it would be great if some folks could do more flipping/rehabbing in the binz/southmore/blodgett area between main and almeda. there are some nice medium size and large homes that are either starting to decline while inhabited (slumlords) or others getting bulldozed and replaced with townhomes...

oh, you're probably right about that, but it would still be nice in my opinion, instead of the new stuff

Actually, the problem is that Binz/Almeda is already too expensive for what you're suggesting. It's difficult to find a nice lot under $250,000 in that area much less one with a that is house worth rehabbing on it. If you look closely you'll see a few newly rennovated flips in the $400k-$500k range. While this if a good deal compared to WestU, it also means a limited set of potential buyers and a less than desirable area for flipping. This is why you see so many new townhouses in the area.

There's way too much Mortgage Fraud going on over there for most experienced flippers to dabble in neighborhoods like Washington Terrace. Personally I'd only consider some areas of Riverside Terrace. More specifically, it would probably have to be on Parkwood or S. Macgregor.

flipper

There seems to be a fair amount of flipping going on in the Binz/Southmore area across 288. However, some of the finished products look really tacky...

Archived