Need a new Front Door

Can anyone recommend a Door company here in Houston? I need a new Entry Door fitted. I like the wrought iron/wood combination look. I need someone who can come out measure and then fit the door. Any suggestions of a reliable company would be greatly appreciated.

Can anyone recommend a Door company here in Houston? I need a new Entry Door fitted. I like the wrought iron/wood combination look. I need someone who can come out measure and then fit the door. Any suggestions of a reliable company would be greatly appreciated.

I buy all my doors from Detering Detering Site.

They stock, and can special order Buffelen exterior doors: Buffelen Site

Detering has sales people, but I think they deal mostly with builders. If you know a little bit about the door and/or wall that your door is going into, I'm sure they can help you figure it all out.

They can probably also direct you to a trim carpenter to install it. Either that, or just ask one of the trim carpenters that is their picking up materials :)

flipper

There is a door "store" on West Gray in Midtown....I bought one from them a couple years ago when my front door was smashed by burglars.

You will have a tough time getting *A* door from detering at a decent price since you don't buy bulk.

I've used Detering, LoneStar, Manor and others.

To date, the best and best priced has been Mesquite Doors.

You can call and speak with Jesse or Esmerelda @ Mesquite: (281) 260-8819

If you decide to go with a bigger company like Detering, Joe Krebs is a great guy and will go out of his way to help you: 832-372-4433 (his cell #).

Good luck.

• 1 year later...

Try Glass Craft Door Company on Brittmoore Rd. They manufacture beautiful front doors and have a lot of discontinued and scratch and dent doors for cheap. My neighbor bought one and had it installed for less than anyone else in town.

Try Glass Craft Door Company on Brittmoore Rd. They manufacture beautiful front doors and have a lot of discontinued and scratch and dent doors for cheap. My neighbor bought one and had it installed for less than anyone else in town.

Holy thread topping batman! And you registered to post about this door company! Wow!

flipper

Holy thread topping batman! And you registered to post about this door company! Wow!

flipper

Well I have to say this: It IS a company truly worth recommending! They have their own factory, it's family run and their doors are both beautiful and very well made. And often, there are indeed some wonderful deals to be had in the clearance section of their show room.

The founder's granddaughter works there and told me that they started as a Tiffany-style lamp shop in Houston many decades ago. It shows in some of their styles of doors.

Glass Craft's site