Another Area to Look At

• 3 months later...
This is Brookline Park in 1959. That car in the background would now be on Real Street and the photo also shows the Duval Apartments mentioned earlier in this thread.

So the little boy in the pic is about our age or close to. Yikes!

Love these kinds of historical family/neighborhood photos too. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Dan Quit bad-mouthing Sunnylan! I've owned a house there since Jan. 15, 1985 & NEVER HAVE WE HAD A BREAK-IN OR OTHER CRIME PROBLEMS. There are rentals there [yes, mine is one], but there the vast majority are very nice homeowners. Eastwood once looked like Sunnylan & some areas worse. Hubby has long history of Eastwood & vivid memories. Look @ Eastwood now! What do you base your opinion on? The "trendy area" towards warehouse dist. looked much much more rough than Sunnylan ever has & look @ the price of new development now. Please everyone.....give Sunnylan a break. Realize the affordable housing & quit putting it down!

I finally got around to finding "Jackson Court." There are some great little houses back in there, and the neighborhood is nicely laid out with a little topography. It definitely has the potential to look like a "Mini-Idylwood." Is the crime really as bad as Vertigo claims? I did not see very many homes with burgler bars or fences, and the neighborhood doesn't look nearly as rough as Broadmoor and Sunnylan(d), both of which I'm told are safe neighborhoods...

Hey Dan Quit bad-mouthing Sunnylan! I've owned a house there since Jan. 15, 1985 & NEVER HAVE WE HAD A BREAK-IN OR OTHER CRIME PROBLEMS. There are rentals there [yes, mine is one], but there the vast majority are very nice homeowners. Eastwood once looked like Sunnylan & some areas worse. Hubby has long history of Eastwood & vivid memories. Look @ Eastwood now! What do you base your opinion on? The "trendy area" towards warehouse dist. looked much much more rough than Sunnylan ever has & look @ the price of new development now. Please everyone.....give Sunnylan a break. Realize the affordable housing & quit putting it down!

Hey, I just said it looks rough in its current state. I have relatives who have lived over there since the 1940s, and I've never heard of them having any problems. Sunnylan(d) is in a convenient location close to downtown, plus it is in close proximity to the green space of Villa de Matel, Gus Wortham Golf Course, and Mason Park, as well as several gentrifying neighborhoods. The classic '30s architecture and low prices aren't hurting it either. The neighborhood has nowhere to go but up!

Sorry that I unintentially insulted Sunnylan(d) and Broadmoor. Was merely questioning the comments about the supposed rampant crime in Jackson Court...

Archived