Ashford Mod

SpaceAge

Thanks for the bits of insight on the layout of Ashford and Champions living. It reminds me in usefulness of the Life Forms Homes thread, another old one recently revived.

If you don't need to be in Houston every day, there's an Alden Dow home up for sale in Freeport just this month, I think, and a gorgeous early house Allen. R. Williams Jr. designed in the forties, built six or eight years later, one of my favorite indoorses in Texas, that went last year for less than twice that in Lake Jackson. 530 Circle Way.

Thanks for the bits of insight on the layout of Ashford and Champions living. It reminds me in usefulness of the Life Forms Homes thread, another old one recently revived.

If you don't need to be in Houston every day, there's an Alden Dow home up for sale in Freeport just this month, I think, and a gorgeous early house Allen. R. Williams Jr. designed in the forties, built six or eight years later, one of my favorite indoorses in Texas, that went last year for less than twice that in Lake Jackson. 530 Circle Way.

Wow, that's one of the early Alden Dow houses for Dow Chemical executives. Small by today's standards, but nicely redone. Nice original interior brick detailing and built-in bookshelves. Ben Koush wrote a Cite article about them a few years ago.

(strickn, watch for a PM from me.)

Thats too bad pro-five-oh, I was hoping for an invite to the post sale rat pack martini party.

Check out the Formica House thread listing here. Another questionable but would nice to have property owned by an unreasonable seller.

Is the wooded ravine also part of the property?

Rock.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, fingers crossed, because I will probably close on a Mod house nearby in Spring Branch, only 5 minutes away from work. This house is WAY more salable, plus it is ready to move in with a ton up upgrades that haven't ruined the style of the house! I'll post pictures at some point after I have settled down in there. Rat Pack Martini Party? WHY NOT?

The wooded ravine was part of the property, but it was pretty much impossible to use for camping. But it would be a fun place to pretend you are a hiker.

Well hopefully good news after all, good luck again pro-five-oh.

Yes, I think we would all be interested to see what Spring Branch has to offer for the Mod seeker.

And as always martini's go well with all mid-century modern events.

Cheers, Rock.

• 1 year later...

Archived