Traffic Ticket...

foxmulder

A smart "jackass" cop decieded i "ran a red light" even though it was technically yellow when i looked up on my windshield after i crossed the intersection.

I have a court date on the 1st and plan to win this case.

1. Cop wrote "cloudy day." on ticket. even though it had clearly rained and the road was semi wet.

(traction problem?) I understand one could get a ticket dismissed souly on a technicality like this.

2. Timing of light. I went back to the intersection which i witnessed that the as soon as cross traffic light turns red, the other one changes color(in a split second.) It was 4:30 on a busy intersection..I more than likely would've caused an accident if indeed i ran the light.

3. Cop follows me on motorcycle, waits behind me about 2 minutes(this while at the next light) and then proceeds to pull me over.

I plan on taking burst shots of the light in action, pictures of the intersection at 4:30. What else could i use as evidence? Is this good material?

I plan on taking burst shots of the light in action, pictures of the intersection at 4:30. What else could i use as evidence? Is this good material?

I know you live in Pasadena. If that's where you were pulled over, you might try finding a law on the books that specifically addresses running red lights. Funny thing is that you won't find one...that is, as long as they haven't changed that in the past year.

Good luck. ;)

A smart "jackass" cop decieded i "ran a red light" even though it was technically yellow when i looked up on my windshield after i crossed the intersection.

I have a court date on the 1st and plan to win this case.

1. Cop wrote "cloudy day." on ticket. even though it had clearly rained and the road was semi wet.

(traction problem?) I understand one could get a ticket dismissed souly on a technicality like this.

2. Timing of light. I went back to the intersection which i witnessed that the as soon as cross traffic light turns red, the other one changes color(in a split second.) It was 4:30 on a busy intersection..I more than likely would've caused an accident if indeed i ran the light.

3. Cop follows me on motorcycle, waits behind me about 2 minutes(this while at the next light) and then proceeds to pull me over.

How can I put this tactfully....

I can't,....so I have to just tell you, you are deluding yourself big time if you think you are going to get out of a ticket that way. The lawyer for the city will eat you alive. I can just see it.

He wrote "cloudy" on a rainy day? What other kind of day does it rain on? Clear?

So running a redlight at that intersection would produce a 100% chance of an accident & since there was no accident you couldn't have really run it? Isn't that basically what you are trying to say?

The cop waited to pull you over for a couple of minutes, and? Your point is? Maybe he was calling in your plates or something. So you couldn't have possibly run that light because it took the cop a couple of minutes to pull you over. I'm not seeing you getting that one past the Judge.

Sorry to be so harsh, but expect the Judge & City Attorney to be even less cooperative to your position. How many times a day, a week, a month do you think they hear "it was yellow?" Do you really think your arguments will sway them?

To answer your initial question, "is this good material?" Sorry, but I vote no.

I just got out of a ticket by calling one of those Lawyers. I used Sullo & Sullo. I think Kubosh and others typically handle this sort of thing. I don't know if one is any better than the others. Sullo & Sullo got me out of it for $75 so I was satified. Maybe others on the board have some experiences they can share. But I think that is a more prudent path to take than getting up there and going it alone.

Archived