Looking for Comprehensive Pic

nmm

Hey im looking for a skyline picture of Houston that includes Uptown + Downtown + Medical Center

Im trying to keep it prestigious, so hopefully we can avoid blurry, smoggy pics.

Thanks for yalls help.

with the distance between the 3 I don't see how you can avoid blurry AND smoggy!

with the distance between the 3 I don't see how you can avoid blurry AND smoggy!

False. It can indeed be done, but only from one place about which I'm aware: at the peak of the East Loop bridge over the ship channel, and on a clear morning. You may have to stop on top of the bridge, hop out, and take several pics through the chain link fence on the side, then use photoshop to stitch them together as one big panorama, but IT CAN BE DONE.

False. It can indeed be done, but only from one place about which I'm aware: at the peak of the East Loop bridge over the ship channel, and on a clear morning. You may have to stop on top of the bridge, hop out, and take several pics through the chain link fence on the side, then use photoshop to stitch them together as one big panorama, but IT CAN BE DONE.

I'm into the real thing niche, not a photoshop phake.

We'll be awaiting your post with the pic Niche. Do you have a prepaid funeral?

I'm into the real thing niche, not a photoshop phake.

We'll be awaiting your post with the pic Niche. Do you have a prepaid funeral?

How is it "phake" if the panorama that is stitched together is an accurate representation of the skyline? It's not like I'm talking about adding a giant rendering of the Spirit of Houston statue to the skyline.

Remind me and I'll try to do it next weekend, weather permitting.

How is it "phake" if the panorama that is stitched together is an accurate representation of the skyline? It's not like I'm talking about adding a giant rendering of the Spirit of Houston statue to the skyline.

Remind me and I'll try to do it next weekend, weather permitting.

I'm a lover of film photography that's all. I consider my digital camera more of a toy. from your vantage point you shouldn't need to take more than one pic to get all three. (i do wonder if downtown blocks transco though) A similar single shot vantage point is SE of hobby airport along monroe @ braniff. The hard part will be meeting his criteria to "avoid blurry, smoggy pics" so he can keep it prestigious.

I'm a lover of film photography that's all. I consider my digital camera more of a toy. from your vantage point you shouldn't need to take more than one pic to get all three. (i do wonder if downtown blocks transco though) A similar single shot vantage point is SE of hobby airport along monroe @ braniff. The hard part will be meeting his criteria to "avoid blurry, smoggy pics" so he can keep it prestigious.

The skyline flows from left to right, and includes all of each distinct skyline as follows: TMC, Museum District, Greenway, Galleria/Post Oak, and Downtown. It is without a doubt the best view in town on a clear day.

My 8-megapixel camera has a 7x optical lens and I'll be using a tripod. There'll be plenty of detail.

The skyline flows from left to right, and includes all of each distinct skyline as follows: TMC, Museum District, Greenway, Galleria/Post Oak, and Downtown. It is without a doubt the best view in town on a clear day.

My 8-megapixel camera has a 7x optical lens and I'll be using a tripod. There'll be plenty of detail.

should be interesting. was just on the 610 bridge and atmospheric conditions alone caused the transco to look blurry.

If you were to take Niche' advice you could eliminate alot of the smog and out of focus subjects. The idea of a good panorama is to get close to your subject via your camera lens, then rotate the camera accordingly. Of course you'll need a tripod in order to keep your horizon lined up, but this is by far the best way to take a panorama from a long distance.

The best way is with a helicopter. Renting a helicopter for photography is much cheaper in Houston than in most other cities because there are so many helicopters in Houston with a lot of downtime between their regular runs.

Oh, now I like that idea!

Anybody on the forum want to go in on a helicopter trip? If I can get at least another two folks to go in on it with me, I'll gladly pay my share.

Oh, now I like that idea!

Anybody on the forum want to go in on a helicopter trip? If I can get at least another two folks to go in on it with me, I'll gladly pay my share.

How much are helicopter rentals ?

I've gone up before with my mom as she flown around in a Cessna. The view is great, but it was actually hard to get a panorama from up there.. with different parts of the window frame or wing struts in the way.

Course Cessnas cant rotate in place, so thats one advantage ya have.

Good luck and look forward to seeing what ya end up with.

Helicopter companies inthe Houston area that offer tours. Im sure you can get rates if you call.

Transportation > Helicopter Rides > Houston

Local and National Listing of Helicopter Companies Offering Tours, Rides, Etc.. For Any Event or Occasion. featuring Helicopter Tour Houston, Helicopters Houston, Helicopter Houston, and more...

Results 1 - 13 of 13 listings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CFC Aviation ~ Aerial Tours & Photography

Serving Texas 512-293-7497

Life Thrills / Adventure Sports

Serving Your Area 800-792-9031

Pompano Helicopters-W Houston

Houston, TX 281-492-8900

Evergreen Aviation

Houston, TX 281-597-8757

Jetlink

Houston, TX 281-821-8280

American Helicopters Inc

Freeport, TX 979-230-9229

American Helicopters

Galveston, TX 409-744-7179

Petroleum Helicopters Inc

Sabine Pass, TX 409-971-2455

Galveston, TX 409-744-5286

Grasso Production Mgmt Inc

Houston, TX 281-597-0244

Horizon Helicopter Inc

Matagorda, TX 979-863-7241

Houston, TX 281-442-7800

American Helicopters

Galveston, TX 409-741-9336

if you want to pay, theres metroviews.com.

if you want to be cheap ;) , use any of the above suggestions or run out to wildcat golf course. from the highlands course and on a clear day, the views are stunning B)

Yeah, I've got a demo program for metroviews that allows me to see all their merchendise, but everything they've got is either too high an angle (so that multiple skylines are rarely captured) or is too zoomed in.