Bohemeo's Is Open For Business

I was driving past up Lockwood earlier tonight and noticed cars in the parking lot. I swerved in, parked, walked inside, and was greeted by the owners. Nice folks!

It is still a work in progress, but they've opened up on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights for a couple weeks now. Once they really ramp up operations, they'll be open from 10AM to 10PM on Monday through Thursday and until at least midnight on Friday through Sunday (longer if they've got a band that night).

Last weekend, they had a whole lot of bands lined up. Right now, they're trying to establish a lineup; they're working to arrange for a regular jazz improvization night, probably on Wednesdays.

They also haven't started serving prepared food yet because buildout wasn't done precisely to code, and they're having to deal with Code Enforcement on retrofitting their kitchen. But as that's completed, they'll be able to accomodate longer hours and additional days.

Their coffee is good and they carry a huge stock of Red Bull. They couldn't get a liquor license on account of being too close to a public school, but they can serve alcohol paraphenalia, including buckets of ice, cups, mixers, shakers, mint, soda, lime, muddler, champagne flutes, OJ, strawberries, martini glasses, cranberry, twists, olives, shot glasses, salt, sour mix, plates of salt, bloody mix, tabasco, celery, and worcestershire. Its up to the customer to bring and consume their own alcohol. When they have live performances in their outdoor theater (a nonprofit operation called Teatro Bohemeo's), starting in Spring of next year, they are able to 'donate' beer from the tap.

The Broadmoor-based couple that runs this is very friendly. They're going to need some support to keep this going. So lets all pitch in and make them feel welcome.

Bohemeo's Music-Art-Coffee

708 Telephone Road, Suite E

Houston, TX 77023

713-923-4277

Followup. Bohemeo's has lined up a house gig for themselves: The Defenstration Unit. I've never heard them before, but have heard of them. Improvizational/psychedelic jazz. They play Wednesday nights from about 9:00PM to midnight.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...riendid=8504817

Dig that crazy sound, Daddio! :blink: Sounds like a cross between John Coltrane and a traffic jam. I might have to order decaf if they're playing.

Gotta give the management a pat on the back for being bold. Sounds like Bohemeo is more than just a name.

• 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to Bohemeo's Is Open For Business

Archived