Guessing Game

TheNiche

Ten thousand points to the person that can tell me where and what this is! I'll give a hint: Harris County.

Nobody's got it so far. The next hint is photographic, shown below. If nobody is able to guess it by tomorrow, I'll post another photo, not of the building, but of something that happened to be nearby.

sylvan04ap2.jpg

Harris County Court building in Baytown?

I don't know anywhere on the outskirts of the county that would date to the 40s except somewhere other that Houston.

Judges...???

It is the Sylvan Beach Pavilion in La Porte, TX. We have a winner!

sylvan05sp5.jpg

wow, i did not remember it looking like that - that's why i said near. maybe i have only seen it from the other side. just give me 5000 points and i will be happy. :P

Edited by gnu

wow, i did not remember it looking like that - that's why i said near. maybe i have only seen it from the other side. just give me 5000 points and i will be happy. :P

Well when you have such a masterful photographer as myself, one should not expect to recognize the mundane. :P

10,000 points.

Coincidence. I found out the day after having taken the photos that my mom had had her senior prom there back in 1968.

Oh yeah, Alot of the highschools in the area have had some form of dance there at one time. They have made their money 10 ten fold on that place.