2112's Pic's

Why was it so crowded?

Big Sports Event (Allstar games). Superbowl was more insane. Holoween, Art Car week, get somewhat intense also. Saturday nights at after 1:00am gets some good action also, but not like these big sporting events.

Most of the night shots were taken during Allstar week. Some nightshots were on a good Saturday night. The day shots are recent.

Big Sports Event (Allstar games). Superbowl was more insane. Holoween, Art Car week, get somewhat intense also. Saturday nights at after 1:00am gets some good action also, but not like these big sporting events.

Most of the night shots were taken during Allstar week. Some nightshots were on a good Saturday night. The day shots are recent.

I am very PRO density in the DT/TMC inner loop area, so thanks for showing me the crowds DT. I remember when DT used to be a virtual ghost town. We may still get the 10K plus residents there yet. :D

I am very PRO density in the DT/TMC inner loop area, so thanks for showing me the crowds DT. I remember when DT used to be a virtual ghost town. We may still get the 10K plus residents there yet. :D

I think a key is to appeal to all people in the Houston area, and outside of Houston. Much of the crowds you see in NYC are tourists and New Yorkers that live outside of Manhattan. Likewise, downtown and the other central areas should try to attract Houstonians from all over the city. Eventhough I live in the burbs (still in Houston city limits though), I want to enjoy the action downtown and love that lifestyle, and would love to bring my money and friends there to have fun. There are 6 million people in the area, so the pototential is allready there. With things like the Pavilliion, more clubs, restuarants, and the increasing residential density in the CBD, I beleive Houston will get there.

Awesome! Completion date for Pavilions? And i agree 100%. As a native Houstonian now living in LA

i visit Houston twice a year. I am very excited with all the projects going on in many parts of the city.

And yes, i too spend my LA $$$$$ DT or UT when i visit. Probably moving back in a year or so..... and have been impressed with my options for living arrangements in the DT and MT areas. ^_^

Here's a couple from Super Bowl Saturday Night....

SuperBowl_Photos_003.jpg

SuperBowl_Photos_007.jpg

These were taken from my office at the corner of Main and Preston.

Archived