Essence Festival 2007

Who would have thought in a city that places the dollar above all else, there are those who would bask in loosing $125 million in EXTRA tax money for the city. Ignorance can not only be bliss it can also be costly.

Judging by this thread Houston is a screaming example of Diversity not automatically equating to tolerance and it's a shame.

We've come so far yet have so very far to go. Let this thread be an example.

Who would have thought in a city that places the dollar above all else, there are those who would bask in loosing $125 million in EXTRA tax money for the city. Ignorance can not only be bliss it can also be costly.

Judging by this thread Houston is a screaming example of Diversity not automatically equating to tolerance and it's a shame.

We've come so far yet have so very far to go. Let this thread be an example.

don't judge us too harshly.

*i* have dealt with the people DIRECTLY and believe me, they were an ungrateful bunch who, from the several dozen i've served, don't appreciate good service.

and i know i'm going to be flamed for this, but the people from the essence awards, and new orleans, thought too highly of themselves, and did not show the least bit of decorum from many of my other clients i've had.

they are white trash of a different color.

don't judge us too harshly.

*i* have dealt with the people DIRECTLY and believe me, they were an ungrateful bunch who, from the several dozen i've served, don't appreciate good service.

and i know i'm going to be flamed for this, but the people from the essence awards, and new orleans, thought too highly of themselves, and did not show the least bit of decorum from many of my other clients i've had.

they are white trash of a different color.

Ricco, quit holdig back, tell us how you really feel. :blink:;)

This wasn't a shock at all. This is a New Orleans event, sponsored and produced originally by New Orleanians, and like their love for the city, felt it was "their baby." The idea that Houston had any real chance of keeping this event was kind of naive, IMO.

It would've been a nice economic and social boost to the city (agreeing with Velvet J) but I hardly think not having it is going to be such a monumental loss, especially when any rationally thinking person understood that it was 99.9% likely to return to the Big Easy anyay.

I do, however, agree that unfortunately you had some really snooty people attending this event from out of town (and they weren't Orleanians but a people visiting from places like Charlotte, Washington, D.C and Atlanta). Not all, thankfully, and, in fact, not the majority, but still enough to where you really was disappointed in the impact that they had on the social environment.

I can't stand irrationally snooty people. You're not that impressive, regardless of what you think.