Gearheads hangout

Mark F. Barnes

well its above the rear window I need like 14 inches above rear window..not that big of deal, its for a chop...I just wanted to get the right crown with little work....and its always good to have a extra top for small pieces...that motor is awesome.

120679409PrUgKj_ph.jpg

This is a car I saw at the Daytona Show and it is the look I am sorta going for on the Lagondastien!

And the guy that PM's me, here a picture of my English Wheel, it homemade and not pretty but it make a smooth curves and easy on the arms. Excuse the mess behind it, you know how it is, the cleaning lady has cramps! :lol:

englishwheel.jpg

ph06.jpg

And I do most of the streching with the power hammer, it's not homemade but they only run about nine grand. It's not a big one but if you stay steady it will get it done. I'd like to get a big Yomar but haven't done it yey. They run about 25 grand.

Funny you mentioned that this is the look you want. Absolutely 50's and fantastic example.

There is a guy in Houston that owns this one below, and my next project is gonna take ALOT of cues off of this one.

14744my_personal_favorite.jpg

Hey I know those cars. The one behind this one is a guy named Wayne I think, he runs with the Hot Rod Hoodlums of Houston, I think both of them do. I will have to look thru my pics I am bound to have some more shots of both these cars. They come to a lot of the Niftee Fiftees runs. As a matter of fact I know Wayne was at the show this past weekend @ the Krogers on Champion Forest, we had a blast. Halloween Party for Gearheads. I love this era of street rod. I have had two different lowboys. My last one was yellow it was called "Lemon Law". A guy bout it as a rolling chassis. I kept the Zephyr motor out of it. That the one I rebuilt and is on the stand now. I get this red beast figured out and I'll never sell it.

brechler8.jpg

During the build in 1999

Image128.jpg

This was the last show before it was sold in 2005, this was actually pretty funny. That old dude standing there was there for at least two hours scratching his head before he finally asked what kind of motor that was. He had never seen a Zephyr Flathead V-12.

Archived