New Cajun Restaurant Swampys

KatyGuy

This restaurant looks like alot of fun. I love cajun food. This is opening along the Grand Parkway.

www.swampyscajunshack.com

The big question, when are they opening. Website says "Opening Soon". The place has been built out and ready to go for at least 2 months, if not more. I'm starting to wonder if they're ever going to open.

A friend of mine, Bob Ginsberg, owns this place. Some of you may remember Bob's old place on Shepherd, Dick Heads. He told me last week that he plans to open on October 16. He said he won't open until the cooks have the menu down pat, so that explains some of the wait. Also, the usual problems with subcontractors has delayed things, too.

The inside is really nice. Nothing at all like his old joint. This will be very clean and new. And Bob knows Cajun food! If anyone makes it in before I do, gives us a review.

A friend of mine, Bob Ginsberg, owns this place. Some of you may remember Bob's old place on Shepherd, Dick Heads. He told me last week that he plans to open on October 16. He said he won't open until the cooks have the menu down pat, so that explains some of the wait. Also, the usual problems with subcontractors has delayed things, too.

The inside is really nice. Nothing at all like his old joint. This will be very clean and new. And Bob knows Cajun food! If anyone makes it in before I do, gives us a review.

Well there you have it...opening the day after tomorrow.

I just talked with Bob. He is working on his last inspections to get his Health permit. Anyone who has ever done this knows how it can play havoc with an opening date. The restaurant will not open today, but may open tomorrow or Wednesday. If he is not permitted by Thursday, he will hold off opening until next Monday, as he does not want to open on a weekend...too much chaos.

I think this place will be worth the wait. Hang in there. :)

This place is taking longer to open than any restaurant I have ever seen. It's been done forever, permits should not be an issue at this point, my goodness it's brand new. I sure hope for the owners sake that he gets open soon, he's got a fortune put into this place already with build out and rent, he really needs to get some cash flow going.

I hope for the owners sake that this place works out.

This place is taking longer to open than any restaurant I have ever seen. It's been done forever, permits should not be an issue at this point, my goodness it's brand new. I sure hope for the owners sake that he gets open soon, he's got a fortune put into this place already with build out and rent, he really needs to get some cash flow going.

A new donut shop appeared to be opening soon by my house.... After several months it finally opened..... I asked the shop owner "what took so long?"...... he said he was already to open but it took several months to get the health permit.... He said he "lost" a couple of months rent just waiting to get the permit.... This could be the same issue ........ I'm hoping "Swampys" opens soon......

A new donut shop appeared to be opening soon by my house.... After several months it finally opened..... I asked the shop owner "what took so long?"...... he said he was already to open but it took several months to get the health permit.... He said he "lost" a couple of months rent just waiting to get the permit.... This could be the same issue ........ I'm hoping "Swampys" opens soon......

Yeah I saw an ad for Swampy's in this months Katy Magazine. They probably banked on it being open by now

It looks open..... I've noticed a number of cars parked in front of it..... and the web site saysssss...."Now OPEN"..... yessssssssssss

• 1 month later...

Me and the wife tried out Swampy's sunday afternoon while we were out and about. We both liked it and wil go back. It was kind of dead in there but It was 3:30 on Sunday afternoon, only one other group in there at the time. I think that when that shopping center is at full capacity and the area more closely infills around said shopping center that they will draw more customers. I hope they make it the grub was good and the waitstaff was friendly and attentive and It's got a nice look inside like a Razoo's but smaller and a menu closer to Rajun Cajun but with more variety. So yall go try it out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went there twice for lunch this past week. Very good food and the service was friendly and attentive (refills appear without asking!). It's more of a sit down type restaurant as opposed to fast food dining.

I'll have to give them a try at the dinner hour and take the family.

• The title was changed to New Cajun Restaurant Swampys