'Repair and Maintenance'

New Section Request  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should HAIF have a section dedicated specifically to Repair and Maintenance?

• Absolutely! I'd use it frequently.
    • I probably won't use it much, but OK. Makes sense.
    • No. We have enough sections as it is.
    • Don't know / Don't care.

In SSG's recent thread about a listing in Broadmoor, the idea came to me a day or two ago that HAIF doesn't really have a section that specifically addresses home repair and maintenance...we get plenty of threads oriented toward these topics, but they seem to wind up in the 'Real Estate and Homebuilding' section by default. I'm just not sure that that's a good place for them considering the volume.

Moreover, as silverartfox pointed out, issues related to home repair in Houston are often overlooked by books and DIY manuals because we don't have basements. So having a source for locally-relevent input would be beneficial for many folks.

It'd require a bit of housecleaning to get prior threads on the topic into the new section, but I think that it'd be worth it. You can all rest assured that I'll be doing my part to populate the section.

I was thinking about making a post about this subject too but i did not know if it already exsist. There was a time were you could read this whole forum in less than 30 minutes now it takes several days if not weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
"Main Street Project" moved to Other Houston.

Very spiffy, I was almost urging to start one about malls (i.e. similar to the ones on www.deadmalls.com)

always a good discussion too.

but that can wait until people really start demanding that kind of topic.

• 2 months later...
Very spiffy, I was almost urging to start one about malls (i.e. similar to the ones on www.deadmalls.com)

always a good discussion too.

but that can wait until people really start demanding that kind of topic.

Why does this post keep poping up? about once a week

Archived