Jason, Post Your House Again

missjanel

You don't have to twist my arm...

Photographing this house has been a fun challenge for me over the last year and a half. I don't have the skills or equipment of Jill Hunter who did the amazing work for us in 002, but when I have the time to do it, I feel like I know the house like noone else.

At the very bottom are links to the progress as we went. That pretty much sums it up.

http://www.002mag.com/mag/mar06/pages/hi_res%20(53).htm

DSC06003.jpg

DSC06002.jpg

DSC06019.jpg

DSC04648.jpg

DSC04806.jpg

DSC04937.jpg

DSC04730.jpg

http://www.lottaliving.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3215

http://www.lottaliving.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=4883

Thanks so much. Talk about luck, my friend married a guy who already owned a MCM and is unsure how to decorate as she has no previous knowledge of the era or style. Obviously I'm no help since I can't even decorate my own home (MC but not Modern) but I had saved a lot images and scan of articles that I wanted to send her. Fortunately she's in an area where there is an abundance of furniture, inexpensively priced no less. I guess she's lucky and then some.

The prices aren't too bad here. All I hear about is how much more expensive it is in NYC where modern is super popular and there's not enough to come by, and people seem to have the money to buy it.

It would be great to see pics of their house sometime.

By the way, your house doesn't have to be ultra-modern to have some Eames, Nelson, Saarinen, Bertoia, or Knoll (or their lookalikes) in it. Just find some pieces you like.

Jason

By the way, your house doesn't have to be ultra-modern to have some Eames, Nelson, Saarinen, Bertoia, or Knoll (or their lookalikes) in it. Just find some pieces you like.

Jason

Good point - our house, while mid-century and designed by William Floyd, is by no means a modern marvel. You can see one of our rooms in the new Atomic Ranch book (next to the Modest Makeovers section) and we've incorporated Saarinen, Eames and other MCM pieces. The red Saarinen chairs came from Point Five (long gone), the Saarinen table is a new Knoll, the Eames table came from Circa50.com, the slat bench is from Metro Modern and the chairs around the table are Fritz Hansen knock-offs from Eurway. Tucked outside of the picture is a Eames LCW that we also picked up at Circa50.com

To give an idea of the outside of our house, here is an old picture from Atomic Ranch magazine:

AR_Summer2004.JPG

To give an idea of the outside of our house, here is an old picture from Atomic Ranch magazine:

AR_Summer2004.JPG

Michael

I can see a touch of modern in your exterior shot but for what it's worth my home is even less modern than yours. Not a modern thing about it actually. But in spite of this I think that my Heywake collection fits quite well with the house. It's not so much the style of my house but the "working class" style of the Heywood that seems to fit. And my Heywood looks sweet with the oak hardwoods that came with the house. Now I just need to find more things to finish out the look. Then maybe someday I can upgrade the house and move my MC furniture to a more fitting home. I like to think that my future holds at least more than one bathroom.

MJ

Yea Heywood Wakefield! At least until a Thin Edge Dresser comes my way for almost free.

DSC04793.jpg

Sorry about the lack of anything interesting in that left corner. We want to hide a tv in some sort of mid-century armoire or something there. We just haven't found the right piece if it exists.

Jason

• The title was changed to Jason, Post Your House Again

Archived