See you Later Summer!

blkmex

Ladies and Gentleman Boys and Girls Summer is gone.... well at least for another year. After 3 months of that 100 degree sun with hot humid sticky muggy air, the best part about fall is when you wake up in the morning step outside and feel that cool Northeast wind hit you and it's about 67 and when you look up it's no clouds and a blue sky. That's why I love Texas weather in San Diego its perfectly all year around and you cant really appreciate something's that's always there but here after breath taking heat in the summer, its always a beautiful thing when you feel that first cool breeze of fall. B) Enjoy it because I know I'm going to try B)

You mean enjoy it while it lasts, right? It's not even October, my fall tomatos are just starting to set, it's a lil early to say bye to summer. Between the cool fronts that have thankfully started, we will still have a run of 90 degree days. I've gone trick or treating in 90+ weather many a time. In Houston, the coast usually isn't clear until after Nov 1.

We actually did real good this summer, and I don't think we ever broke above 100 ever. :unsure:

This was way nicer than last summer. B)

Yea, watch out for that "Global Warming" thing going on. I am actually gonna fire up the heater for my pool, and get it back up to 80*.

i'm anxious to see data on our "cooler than normal summer". maybe we've had a few really hot summers in a row and we're finally getting a break. i don't remember summers being so hot in the late nineteen seventies/early eighties as they have been since the late nineteen eighties and nineties. maybe i've become more acclimated to the heat due to being outside more often and living in a house that's more difficult to cool. this summer was completely bearable compared to the last fifteen summers or so.

bring on the fall. :)

i'm anxious to see data on our "cooler than normal summer". maybe we've had a few really hot summers in a row and we're finally getting a break. i don't remember summers being so hot in the late nineteen seventies/early eighties as they have been since the late nineteen eighties and nineties.

Really?

"The summer with most 100 degree or higher days was 1980 with 30 days, followed by 1962 with 14 days and 1993 with 13 days.

Other hot Houston summers include the following (the use of the word "hot" in this case is the number of days in which the temperature was 96 degrees or higher): there have been 14 other years since 1948 which had over 29 days of maximum temperatures 96 degrees are higher. The record was set in 1980 which had 78 days followed by 1993 with 49 days."

(I was working a summer job at the Exxon Baytown Refinery in 1980. It was so hot that we could not stay on the roof longer than 20 minutes at a time, for fear of heatstroke. But, it was a dry heat.)

Yea i remember 1980 my uncles came down from Fort Worth we went to Galveston and Freeport. I was only Five years old them but there is not a summer that goes by with out remembering that year. Being a roofer doesn't help ether. I say bring on the grey cloudy days.

in 1980 i lived at home with parents. the house is completely shaded and well insulated. the school i went to was also completely shaded and made of metal with no insulation. when the ac was on, it was really cool in the heat of summer. i do not remember being outside that summer. in '93, however, i was working in machine shops and lived in a not so shaded, not so well insulated apartment. i remember that year.

i do not remember a summer, in recent years, as "cool" as this last one.

Right now I'm working up in St. Paul, MN, where it really is fall. The trees are turning, the air is cool and crisp with a nice breeze... it's going to be hard to come back to the Texas heat tomorrow night. Fall is just about my favorite time of year, and unfortunately in Southeast Texas, it just means that the high is 85 instead of 95.

Oh well. This time next year I'll probably be living someplace where the climate is more suitable to what I like.

Right now I'm working up in St. Paul, MN, where it really is fall. The trees are turning, the air is cool and crisp with a nice breeze... it's going to be hard to come back to the Texas heat tomorrow night. Fall is just about my favorite time of year, and unfortunately in Southeast Texas, it just means that the high is 85 instead of 95.

Oh well. This time next year I'll probably be living someplace where the climate is more suitable to what I like.

Tee Hee, I am gonna go home and jump in the pool for a little bit, when I get home. 92* today, hello Fall ?

I will tell ya, I HATE winter. Don't give me that 35 Degree stuff ... give me 66 and I'll be happy. Now if it is Christmas or New Year's, I'll take the 40s and use the fireplace. But the fewer times I have to do that, the happier I am. Walking the dog is not fun on a 33 degree morning .... oh noooooooooo. Winter in Houston, though, is just a minute. Winter in some parts of the Big State can be icy, cold and colder. Thanks for my tropical Houston where I suffer with humidity in the summer, but get to relax in winter with what we call "Sprall" - no winter, just spring and fall combined. I can do four or five days in the mid 30s, which what is what we have. Make some chili, tortilla soup and gumbo. ;)

P.S. I have so many beautiful bananas this year, I'll just give 'em away. They are the tropical setting in my backyard near the pool along with a huge Bottle Brush, Elephant Ears, Hummingbird Plants and Hibiscus. I love my back yard. It is truly heaven on earth. :wub:

I will tell ya, I HATE winter. Don't give me that 35 Degree stuff ... give me 66 and I'll be happy. Now if it is Christmas or New Year's, I'll take the 40s and use the fireplace. But the fewer times I have to do that, the happier I am. Walking the dog is not fun on a 33 degree morning .... oh noooooooooo. Winter in Houston, though, is just a minute. Winter in some parts of the Big State can be icy, cold and colder. Thanks for my tropical Houston where I suffer with humidity in the summer, but get to relax in winter with what we call "Sprall" - no winter, just spring and fall combined. I can do four or five days in the mid 30s, which what is what we have. Make some chili, tortilla soup and gumbo. ;)

P.S. I have so many beautiful bananas this year, I'll just give 'em away. They are the tropical setting in my backyard near the pool along with a huge Bottle Brush, Elephant Ears, Hummingbird Plants and Hibiscus. I love my back yard. It is truly heaven on earth. :wub:

I'm the total opposite -- I love cold weather, and can't stand our heat here. I really enjoy the change of seasons, but in Houston it seems like we have two seasons -- hot and hotter, with a couple of weeks of cool thrown scattered here and there in December, January, and February.

Maybe it's something in the genes... both sides of my family come from much colder climates, so maybe I'm trapped in a body that's better adapted for life in a place where they have cold winters rather than a place where there is no winter but miserable summers that last more than six months.

Archived