FBI says Dallas most dangerous large city in 2005

ProHouston

How do you know I didn't read objectively? What bias(es) do you believe I have? This is bordering on fascinating.

You went to the trouble of pulling a generally reasonable comment from another forum and then stated that: "This might be the most hilarious and embarrassing post I've ever seen".

That just seems to be a rather extreme response for an 'objective' reaction to the original post - although you are certainly entitled to that opinion.

That variation in viewpoint is what (usually) makes these forums truly fascinating.

You went to the trouble of pulling a generally reasonable comment from another forum and then stated that: "This might be the most hilarious and embarrassing post I've ever seen".

That just seems to be a rather extreme response for an 'objective' reaction to the original post - although you are certainly entitled to that opinion.

That variation in viewpoint is what (usually) makes these forums truly fascinating.

Oh, cut the crap. Statistics can be skewed in a variety of ways. That's obvious. No one's arguing that. Why don't you ask the FBI to release a report that compares the number of people shot and killed in parking lots compared to other cities? This crapola can go on for days. Of course the data included in the report fails to cover all the specific scenarios with regard to crime in large municipalities. But that's no major point and certainly not reason to go on some long diatribe about a general report that the AP put out.

The tone of Aceplace's post went beyond the bare facts in an attempt to mitigate what is statisticaly true based on the data supplied to the federal government. But then, and here's the pathetic part, he went on some odd rant placing blame for the offering of these statistics on a group of "malicious" people in other cities that are seeking to defame Dallas' good name. Don't you think that's over the top? Don't you think that reeks of boosterism that's run amok and that's to the point of being flat out goofy?

No. What you instead decided to do in an attempt to defend the nonsensical rationalization by your boy Aceplace was assume that I have some bias or some nonobjective reason to make the comments that I made, assuming (in an impressive moment of clairvoyance, at that). The ridiculousness in tone of that posts speaks for itself. The man is way to caught up in the supposed virtues of what his hometown is or isn't, to the point that he's absolutely, mind blowingly goofy. Period.

I was just watching CNN HLN's about this, and Jim Pruitt, who is a talk show host, and a gun store owner, is asking Houstonians to arm themselves against Katrina Evacuees.

He is basically saying that once the FEMA money runs out, the crime levels will increase.

True statement? :unsure:

Its not just him saying that, it was said by a actual NOLA stating that if he had to he would commit a robbery for some money.

Its not just him saying that, it was said by a actual NOLA stating that if he had to he would commit a robbery for some money.

Why would he choose to rob instead of work.

The heiarchy should be FEMA $$-> Work $$ not FEMA $$ -> Steal $$

Archived