Uh oh, the lushes are making a positive impact

Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

Americans have become so uptight about drinking. Christ, I have a glass of wine every day at lunch.... every day. So what? I come home and have a few more glasses. I love life. I love wine. What would be the impact of this? I'll die before I'm 92? Bummer. Guess I wanted to live to be 111. :D

A 'friend' I know had the same philosophy... Ended up loving wine more then life, and the wine was jealous of all the life he was living so turning leaf took it away from him.

A 'friend' I know had the same philosophy... Ended up loving wine more then life, and the wine was jealous of all the life he was living so turning leaf took it away from him.

If you truly love wine, you will savor it. I rarely get "drunk" on it. I'll get a gentle buzz on 1/2 -1 bottle with dinner and be quite satisfied to stop there. People who drink to get drunk are better served with liquor or beer -- these are alcohol delivery systems that are less apt to be savored and more to be guzzled and therefor abused.

Wine is a big part of the good life -- one that is too often overlooked in the US.

Edited by dalparadise

Americans have become so uptight about drinking. Christ, I have a glass of wine every day at lunch.... every day. So what? I come home and have a few more glasses. I love life. I love wine. What would be the impact of this? I'll die before I'm 92? Bummer. Guess I wanted to live to be 111. :D

I think that some Americans are uptight about it because so many others are irresponsible with the way they handle it.

It's like driving. There are a lot of very good drivers out there. But you get nervous on the road because you know there are so many more bad ones.