Atomic Ranch - The Book

Shin'enKan

To all of the mod lovers in Houston:

This is being discussed on LottaLiving.com but it bears repeating here that you'll want to get a copy of Michelle Gringeri-Brown's new book. There are a number of spreads that include Houston mods, including an interior shot of Texasdago's house. Sweeeeet! The book has a nice balance of modern transformations to historic restorations with original everything!

Thanks for the tip! Consider it SOLD!

Jason

http://www.amazon.com/Atomic-Ranch-Jim-Bro...TF8&s=books

To all of the mod lovers in Houston:

This is being discussed on LottaLiving.com but it bears repeating here that you'll want to get a copy of Michelle Gringeri-Brown's new book. There are a number of spreads that include Houston mods, including an interior shot of Texasdago's house. Sweeeeet! The book has a nice balance of modern transformations to historic restorations with original everything!

Shin'enKan - did you get a copy? I spotted a picture of the front of your house when it was owned by the previous owner. You can tell they cropped out the mess he had by the driveway.

We were excited to see our "conversation room" in there.

Yes, I saw our house. I didn't know it was in the book until after I made the first post on the forum. Now Michelle and Jim will have to come back to Houston to see the improvements!

Allison

Thanks, I've written a fan mail to them to tell them I love the magazine and told them about our house and since then I haven't really followed up on it. They were impressed with the pics I sent, so maybe there's a slim chance for some kind of before/after type spread.

I need a publicity agent for the house or something, because right now I don't really have time to keep in contact with the editors and such of magazines I want to get it into.

Jason

• 2 weeks later...
I got the Atomic Ranch book in the mail yesterday and yes, it is great! It was especially fun recognizing Houston houses. Houston is well represented in this book, as is Eichler, of course.

So did you recognize one of the houses on page 47?

• The title was changed to Atomic Ranch - The Book

Archived