Mod House in the September 002 Magazine

Willowisp

Yes! this is such a cool house, or at least what I've seen. I've driven by during a driving tour of the RDA homes. I especially love the bright orange paint that he used on the doors. Hopefully I will bump into Ben Koush some day so I can talk him into letting me check this place out. I'm going to be doing something similar in a couple of years. Glad to see 002 recognizing houses like Ben's and Jason's in the past. This should be a regular contribution to the mag.

Yes! this is such a cool house, or at least what I've seen. I've driven by during a driving tour of the RDA homes. I especially love the bright orange paint that he used on the doors.

Very nicely done. I like the door color too. I've seen one other house with the front door that color, an old airplane bungalow in CA, very asian.

The concrete construction must've been somewhat of a fad back then. There are at least 2 houses in the Pecan Park area on Keller St. that are concrete construction, both built in the early 50s by C.E. King.

Archived