Whaddup?

CB4

Hi all. Been lurking on HAIF for a couple of years now, been thinking about moving to Houston for about as long.

Took the plunge and drove straight through last week. Showed up yesterday to the apt I had picked out a couple weeks prior and they told me I needed an additional $750 deposit. I told them thanks, but no thanks and walked off. Now in an extended stay place and I've got 6 days to find a pad before they charge me for another week.

I've already dropped a bunch of craigslist responses (and will continue to until the staff here at the Westheimer/Montrose copy.com kick me out) but I figured I'd post here too. If any longtime members were thinking about renting out a room (preferably inside the loop, definitely inside BW8) I'm pretty much your ideal candidate, as I (i) have the cash in the bank and (ii) can participate in endless conversation/BS on topics ranging from art deco to traffic management.

Also: I've already hit Ninfa's and some other restaurants, but can anyone recommend some walk-up taquerias that are dirt cheap and wicked good?

I'm pretty much your ideal candidate, as I (i) have the cash in the bank and (ii) can participate in endless conversation/BS on topics ranging from art deco to traffic management.

Sorry I'm out of room. Nothing beats discussing the finer points of Art Deco and cloverleaf exchanges over a half gallon of Captain Morgan. :D

BTW, check out the Houston Press for garage apartments and such.

Edited by RedScare

You should try apartment locators. Its a free service and they do the foot work for you. Tell them the area and the price range and amenities you are interested in and they will help you :)

I used their service and they were really helpful. Picked me up at the airport and drove me around all day until we found something I liked. You sign a form at each place they take you to, and that's how they get paid -- something like $20 for each person they bring by.

Found a place, rented room in a 4bed2bath ranch just off the loop. Craigslist is my free locator service. Tapatia was as good as Greaser said; will return with female(s).

No job yet; slacks go on tomorrow with paper-copy resumes in hand.