Free Unincorporated Katy

ekarl17

This is a call for all the people that live in the Katy Area!!!!!!! We really need to do something about annexation!!!!!!! Houston is annexing chunks and pieces, along the Katy Freeway Corridor. We should stop that, and declarea indepence from Houston's ETJ, just like our founding fathers did for our country! leave any opinions you guys want!

This is a call for all the people that live in the Katy Area!!!!!!! We really need to do something about annexation!!!!!!! Houston is annexing chunks and pieces, along the Katy Freeway Corridor. We should stop that, and declarea indepence from Houston's ETJ, just like our founding fathers did for our country! leave any opinions you guys want!

Nice thought but don't hold your breath. Nobody living in Houston's unincorporated ETJ can do anything without Houston's permission, and that's not going to happen. Worse, we have absolutely no say in the issue, nor can we vote against the people who put us in this position -- the Houston City Council. Welcome to life in the ETJ. Declaring independence from the ETJ would be like tilting at windmills and pissing in the wind. You won't win. It's been tried and nobody has ever won.

Filio is right.

It sucks, but you should've done your research as a consumer before you bought a home.

Yep, it sucks for sure. This is a classic case of Government wins at all costs, damn the citizenry! I just love seeing HPD running traffic on I-10 at Grand Parkway writing tickets but yet they don't have to patrol or answer emergency calls. Not that I would want them too, way too corrupt.

Houston gets all the tax benefits without the responisbility of having to provide for us, plain and simple. Now bend over and take it like a man...."Thank you sir, may I have another!"