Favorite Other Shopping Malls in Houston

Which other Houston area malls do you like?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Northwest Mall

• Gulfage Center
    • Highland Village
    • Northline Mall
    • Sharpstown Mall
    • Greenspoint Mall
    • Willbowbrook
    • Humble Mall
    • Almeda Mall
    • San Jacinto Mall
    • Katy Mills
    • Baybrook Mall
    • Woodlands Mall
    • other

I excluded the Galleria, Memorial City, Meyerland Mall and Rice Village from the poll so that these other malls that are lesser known in the poll can be mentioned. Othern than the three that won't be on the poll, for easier focus, which other malls are your favorite? They can be new malls with 100% vacancy filled or they can be others that are half-full and others that are about to be flushed down.

Edited by DaTrain

Sharpstown Mall has personal history for a lot of kids from the 80s generation. I have very fond memories of it even to this day.

True, there are (many of) those who look down upon its deterioration; I look upon it as simply evolution in context to shifting demographics.

It is not as upscale as it once was, relatively speaking, but it is not exactly boarded up and deserted. It's a thriving hip-hop pop-cultural place even if a few empty spaces are noticeable here and there. And while I lived in Houston throughout 2004, it was my favorite place for dollar-fifty movies and a nearby pretzel (stashed in between a magazine, sneaking it in).

The place does exude an urban multi-cultural vibe in a suburban format.

Edited by worldlyman

Humble Mall is actually Deerbrook. Also, you left First Colony and West Oaks Mall off your list.

FCM is undergoing a lot of construction at this moment. When it finishes up in October, it's going to be so busy that the already jampacked Southwest Freeway is going to be even more so. Same thing for Highway 6.

BTW, it's not "Willbowbrook", it's "Willowbrook Mall". Remember, there are several shopping centers @ that intersection called Willowbrook (e.g. "The Commons at Willowbrook").

Edited by stan the man

That monster they call Katy Mills, which is becoming Katy's version of the Galleria, until the new Simon Mall goes up next to Cinemark.

Sharpstown Mall has personal history for a lot of kids from the 80s generation. I have very fond memories of it even to this day.

True, there are (many of) those who look down upon its deterioration; I look upon it as simply evolution in context to shifting demographics.

It is not as upscale as it once was, relatively speaking, but it is not exactly boarded up and deserted. It's a thriving hip-hop pop-cultural place even if a few empty spaces are noticeable here and there. And while I lived in Houston throughout 2004, it was my favorite place for dollar-fifty movies and a nearby pretzel (stashed in between a magazine, sneaking it in).

The place does exude an urban multi-cultural vibe in a suburban format.

And ain't a damn thing wrong with Sharpstown Mall. It is so fun over there. I actually like it more than Katy Mills. It is always packed, too.

Edited by Trae