Vertical cemetery

This is a picture near Tsing Yi in (New Territories, Hong Kong S.A.R.) which shows how they bury people in very high-density areas. Flat land is for the living. Dead people get the hill. You can see how steep the cliff is from the stairway on the left side. I saw dozens of these things on the cliffs.

Cemetery001.jpg

This is a picture near Tsing Yi in (New Territories, Hong Kong S.A.R.) which shows how they bury people in very high-density areas. Flat land is for the living. Dead people get the hill. You can see how steep the cliff is from the stairway on the left side. I saw dozens of these things on the cliffs.

Cemetery001.jpg

Don't laugh. They've been burying people standing up in Britain and Europe for years, and now I hear the practice is spreading to Australia, the Phillipines and other parts of the far east. There's only so much land, and it's getting more expensive all the time. It won't be long before vertical burials will come to this country. At least three people can be buried vertically in the space it takes to bury someone horizontally. You do the math.

Forest park double buries them now, one on top of the other. what is even more amazing they'll charge you a 2nd time for the space that you've paid for once already. This is a definite SCAM.

Hotels do the same thing. A room with two beds costs more than a room with just one bed. Maybe Forest Park should start charging "single" and "double" rates.

Archived