How Do You Post Pictures

liammclaren

well, first make sure they're of decent size...then use an online picture place (that'll give you a web link for the picture) such as imageshack, tinypic.com (i recommend), photobucket, etc.

then, copy the link location of the picture, and when you're in the post message window here, click on the tree icon (image.gif), and paste the link there.

Well, I tried all that... and this is what I got:

Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed

I followed all of the instructions above. So why can't I post a picture?

make sure that what is within the [ img ] tags ends in .jpg and not .html or anything else

for some reason the link has PHP in it - that is what's causing the error message

imageshack.us/my.php?image=1959tq7.jpg

I'm not even going to pretend to know what you're talking about with that or what it means. All I know is that I've gone to imageshack, as the post above advises, uploaded my photo and used what they say is the link to use to insert a photo in a message board. When it didn't work, I tried the other one they said to use.

Everyone else here seems to be able to post a photo except for me, which is pretty dam irritating.

If you are trying to display an image already on the web, you can just post the URL of the image so people can use it in their browser. If you use Firefox, just mouseover the image and select

"copy image location"

Here is the location of the image

http://houstonfreeways.com/images/historic...5371959_800.jpg

Thanks for that suggestion. But I can already do what you've mentioned (I tried it the other day on another thread).

I've taken the image you posted, photoshopped some street names into it and identified the future location of my parents home and Aldine High School. However, I can't seem to post the picture onto the website itself as was demonstrated a few posts above so that everyone can see it without have to click on a link.

Thanks, sev. I tried tinypic and it worked. I posted the pic, it showed up and I deleted the post.

I notice you've now also posted it. Sure is big. I might ought to resize it before posting it on another thread.

Now I'm a happy camper!

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to How Do You Post Pictures

Archived