Northshore Route Improvement

Guest Plastic

Guest Plastic

There's hardly any chance at all that The East Side will get any rail in th next 20 years. SO the most we can hope for is improved buses.

BRT would be ideal but I was talking to someone from Metro the other day and they said they are either putting more buses one the 137 Northshore or adding anew route. This is much needed since all we have is the 137 and 236. There's no Park&RIds that go to The Belt or even inside Northshore. If they add BRT all the way to Channelview and a Park&RIde to Baytown it will be good.

There's hardly any chance at all that The East Side will get any rail in th next 20 years. SO the most we can hope for is improved buses.

BRT would be ideal but I was talking to someone from Metro the other day and they said they are either putting more buses one the 137 Northshore or adding anew route. This is much needed since all we have is the 137 and 236. There's no Park&RIds that go to The Belt or even inside Northshore. If they add BRT all the way to Channelview and a Park&RIde to Baytown it will be good.

I mentioned my "Liberty County is the new Pearland" theory to a Metro exec once. The guy's eyes got really big and he paused for a moment. Then he stated that METRO has no plans for future expansion into the Eastern sector.

I think that it has the most to do with the fact that the East Freeway is currently among the least congested in the region. HOVs and P&Rs do very little to save people's time if there is no congestion.

Then he stated that METRO has no plans for future expansion into the Eastern sector.

Imagine the possibilities if they complete the Belt from 90 to 59. They could at least connect at Eastex Park and Ride.

I always wondered why Metro does not have park and rides around the Belt. I know many people who drive the belt everyday.

Archived